Chapter 19

Tavol rose from his desk as she heard the door click open, nearly falling over his chair. All day he had tried to keep his distance, all day he had tried to busy himself as he let her take his time. Seeing her now infront of him brought up all the words he wanted to say since she stormed out of the room and yet he was dumbstruck when he saw her, head lowered and braid a mess at the side of her face.

Her eyes stayed low though he could see her shoulder tense as she walked over to the furthest side of the bed and started to take off her thigh belt. That was when he noticed something inside the seeth that had not been there before. A black hilt and amethyst stone shone in the lighted room for only a moment as if it was relinquishing its powers to rest. "You've got a dagger I see. What did you name it?"

Falencia froze, her hand on the brown patch, her fingers tracing over the wolf emblem of their people. She had returned and it eased his heart but he could feel the storm within her, the conflict that still stirred. What a fool to think telling her was a good idea. "I don't know. I didn't think to name it yet or what to name it. I feel it already has a name."

He contemplated saying what its name was and who that blade belonged to before now due to his past endeavors turning sour so far. Not tonight at least. He would wait for her to decide. "Well even if it has a name, what do you feel it is? What would you name it? It is now yours, Falencia." It has always been yours, he wished he could say.

When her eyes reached his finally he saw her purple iris was dimmed and yet a small spark, a small smile tugged at her mouth. He tried to smile back but felt so much guilt and anxiety of what she was to say, what she must think of him, his eyes deterred away a hand racking through his hair. What could he say to her after what had happened this morning? All he wanted to was to let her know of her past and to know of the dreams that plagued him at night. The ones that even in his waking days had tormented him of his loss. "Kaval. When I was practicing it seemed like the name kept jumping out at me."

"You practiced with it?" He knew Talia would be mad that she had overexerted herself and if she learned of that she would skin Tavol... "your wounds," He didn't know if he should have said that as she thought of not only her chest cut but her mental wounds of all he had told her. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Falencia."

She raised a hand though she still stayed on that side of the room, her hands now lowering the v neck of her shirt to reveal a light pink line down her sternum. The now scar made him hiss at his faults, at the closeness of losing her again. That demon deserved so much more than his dagger. "It's doing fine, a bit sore I must admit but I was only doing small things and little tricks Quinn had taught me. He's kind." She looked to Tavol, her eyes searching for him as he tried to stammer out what to say. She had met him, and yet she did not show any animosity or hatred towards him. "He was helpful enough to just show me how to use it well. He knows you well and we spoke kindly of you."

Gaping he watched as she sat on the bed, her back turned towards him, her shoulders were relaxing but he could still feel the tension. "I am glad you got to meet him."

She laughed if only at the memory of this blonde haired warrior complaining about his mate and her sisters. "He wasn't what I was expecting. He seemed to be so overwhelmed with little things like who's the hottest character in the books the girls are reading. He said Isabella is his mate. I didn't realize there was such a thing here...a mate." She tried not to look over her shoulder, and Tavol bit his lip holding his arm down instead of reaching for her. "Were we?"

Tavol stood there too dumbfounded to move. The truth bobbed in his throat yet fear brought it back. "We were married, yes. It was three days after our wedding that you passed. If a mate is what you mean then yes, i knew we were but we were fated to be together no matter what. I didn't tell you sooner in fear you would run but I have been wanting to say it all this time."