Chapter 3

"Open your eyes."

The Scent of flowers and fresh air filled her lungs instead of pain and fear. Wherever she was it felt peaceful and she preferred it that way.

Open your eyes.

Why? She asked.

So you can become who you were meant to be.

So she did.

She gasped at what laid before her.
Woods surrounded a beautiful field of grass and flowers, her eyes scanning the ground as the swaying blades blew in the cool wind. The flowers between them seemed to dance, filling her with awe and music of nature. It wasn't until her eyes reached up did she see the sparkling white stone castle before her and feel as if she had seen it once before making her wonder what was happening and where she was..

The stone wall stood before her with towers on both sides, its windows surrounded by roots from a weeping willow that was planted onto the tower's roof as if they were guards to this place. But how could that be? Trees cannot see or speak and yet she thought of a time she would read to those trees and help the spirits within. She thought it strange also that it was so far from the ground and yet large and alive its branches dropped and filled the spaces of the white tower down to the ground.
It was the center entrance that got her attention the most. As she slowly moved through the tall grass she felt as if she was seeing things she knew she shouldn't. She moved closer to the ginormous wooden doors reaching out a hand hesitantly as she watched the small vines and flowers within the slabs move. It was as if the plants were breathing and dancing and Ellie could see it happen. Her awe never ceased as she thought she could see the small specs of yellow pollen grow and sprinkle her fingers as it passed by.

Suddenly she froze as she heard a young girl's laughter that caused her to look away, her hand still on the door fearful if she let go this dream would go away.

But she turned and saw emerging from the woods was a striking young girl, her hair a white blonde, her face from this distance was small and thin such as her own and those eyes, she's seen them before. Both were gray as this girl looked like her, she even had the same small frame though it was hidden in a loose hospital gown. Ellie was dumbfounded as the girl walked closer out of the woods. "I know it's like looking in a mirror." The girl even sounded like her. "But I am here to tell you that you have a great destiny awaiting you. Save them all and please protect my parents as well for me, that is all I ask."
She nodded still trying to wrap her head around what was happening but the girl turned and started to run back, her body shimmering as she disappeared within the trees.
Who was she?
Though seeing the girl that looked like her sent a bigger question into motion.
Who am I and what did she mean?