Chapter 12

Still full from her lunch she looked dumbfounded by the ease Tavol carried with him as he was rushing her to change into loose comfortable clothes once they reached his room. "Hurry up. I want it to just be us there. My warriors aren't supposed to be until later tonight but I need it to be just us."
His warriors? "Where by chance are we going? And why alone?"
"Because I just want it to be us. Now let's go." He was banging on the bathroom door lightly enough so she knew it was playful but she could also hear the agitation in his voice.
Through the door she cursed him. "Also what was with you asking the Queen if I could be a warrior? Are you mental? I'm a human for gods sake. How can I be any good out there?" She emerged from the bathroom, hand raised and finger pointed to his chest. Luckily he had removed his armor or she more than likely would have had a broken finger the way she was jabbing his chest. "I didn't want to say anything in front of the Queen but you guys are crazy to think I can pick it up just like that."
He was laughing at her. His chest was barely in pain as she tried to dig deeper, as she tried to make it hurt for him. "We're not crazy. We only spoke the truth. You will learn again, you will know the moves your former self once knew. I believe in you." His hand grabbed hers still extended on his chest. "And you can stop poking me now."
She bowed her head as he released her hand but he needed to know he couldn't push her around like that. "I don't know Tavol. I don't know about any of this."
His hand went to her shoulder then to the amethyst stone around her neck. "This will help you. Trust in it, believe in yourself and everything will come together in time." He was right. The Queen gave it to her for a reason. She wanted to help her powers grow and to do right by them but seeing his hopeful eyes; if she failed again what would happen to him? To everyone around?
"Do we have time?" Fear of what had followed her to this magical world to begin with, fear of the thought that they would someday find her here made her blood rush in her ears. To see that creature again and those birds...
The look on his face didn't make the unease any better. His face told her one thing whereas when he opened his mouth it seemed to lie. "Of course we have time." His smile was hard to believe, feeling something was off, but. Before she could ask him he grabbed her arm and led her towards the door. "Let's go, I have something to show you."

I'm going to kill him. She silently planned his death as she ran her third lap around the training arena.
For the past half hour he had brought her to the training arena telling her this is where he and his warriors would practice their weapons and magic preparing for whatever was needed of them. "Being a warrior you will be here training three to four times a week."
"You've got to be kidding me." She huffed as she stopped near him, her knees practically buckling underneath her. Though her human body loved to run, she was also still recovering from her jump into the river over a week ago. "I did this before?"
She looked around the tall walls, the space massive in its own right, able to seat hundreds of people as if it was a spectating sport. Part of her wished she remembered this place, wondering if she ever partook in events where people had watched. She wondered if she liked being a warrior and fighting as much as he made it seem. If only she remembered any kind of fighting skills she would have him on his butt right now for making her do this.
Her necklace felt heavy, its warmth feeding her, seeming to fill her body with stamina as she felt more and more refreshed though still out of breath. "I'm still weak though. How can I keep up with you and the other warriors if I'm tired out from three laps?" She hated this human body, though she could feel the magic within it was still too quiet, too doormat.
His smile made her stop, her anger melting away as she spoke. "Your body still needs to adjust. It will come soon enough, give it time."
She nodded. "Let's do this I guess. Just be gentle."
Taking a deep breath she looked to the wall before her, covered with shields, swords and arrows, some broken and old looking with its tattered wood and frayed string. Her hands traced over a broken sword, its metal rusting from rain and age. "Those are for decoration."
"I couldn't imagine why." He quickly told her they were from other tribes that came to train when there was a great battle between humans, elves and demons. That was all that remained of the weapons once used, others passed down to families or were destroyed in a fire. All three sides fought each other until the humans joined with the elves to push the demons away. She wanted to know more but as she pushed him he refused. Noticing the pieces were hundreds of years old she only wondered what a war like that would have been like, to fight demons. She hoped it wasn't like the ones in her dreams. Shivering off the thought she turned to him ready for whatever he had left to train her for.
He was running her to the ground while training her so suddenly. Sometimes quite literally to the dirty ground as he chased her and she tripped or he used his wind magic to create a dust storm that filled her lungs and burned her eyes unless she was quick enough to get away from it.
As she kept running from the dust clouds and his own voice she cursed him. When did she agree to being thrown around and worked like a lap dog? Oh, in the throne room in front of the Queen. Did she think she was going to be training that day or anytime soon? No. She had hoped he would forget or at least ask her in private if she'd like to continue this ridiculous idea of her fighting.
Though part of her found herself starting to smile, to seem to sense where he would cause his next dust bomb, abeling her to dodge before it could fill her lungs. She found herself laughing as he cursed her and turning to stick her tongue out at him she mocked him.
When he told her that part was over he took out a weighted ball and threw it at her. "It works your arms and also your powers." His wind assisted it as she raised her arms to grab it and also protect her face. Her wrists stung, her body pushed back as her heels dug across the dirt floor behind her grunting in frustration hoping she would stop moving back.
Gritting her teeth she straighten, biting back the pain in her hands. He wanted to play rough and she'll try and beat him at it. She willed her magic, hoping, visualizing something inside her moving and filling her arms with power all the way to her fingertips. She gasped at the magic, the feel of it coiled tightly within as if it was a snake ready to strike. And strike she did.
The ball flew from her hands aiming right at Tavols' stomach, his arms too slow to stop the impact. She laughed as he fell flat on his butt. "I'm sorry did that hurt?" She cooed as she sauntered over to him with a hand on her hip.
He was gasping for breath, his hands pushing himself up from the cloud of dirt not taking Falencias outstretched hand. She huffed and turned around back to her spot a few steps away from him. If he did not want her help getting up then she would not help him again. "So that's how we're going to play it then?" He laughed, and took the ball in his hands. "Again." Back and forwards they went as Falencias brow was covered in sweat, her head dizzy from the concentration of her magic and the weighted ball weighing down her arms.
Raising her hand in surrender she bowed down catching her breath. 'I don't think I can do much more." She was exhausted, her muscles aching from Tavols magic and using her own.