Chapter 18

Falencia screamed as she felt obsidian long talons scrape across her throat and as she was about to fall backward grasping at her open throat she went into a heavy wall, it was a person wrapping their long arm over her shoulders holding her close as heat lacing down her chest while the male demon ripped open her skin. She was bleeding, her heart beat slower as if warning her it was close to the end. Both demons, the female in front of her, were laughing though her figure was a large dark mist with red eyes .

Their laughter filled her dying breaths and she cried out, praying hoping it wouldn't be the end; that the males' wish to bring her to his leader wasn't a reality. She couldn't die, not now, not without saying things she wanted to Tavol and not without him rescuing her. Where was he? She tried to look around the ashened field for him but she was suddenly falling, covered in blood-no water as she sucked in a large amount of the liquid filling her lungs. Arms flailing she heard a womens soft song, something about a tea cup before she looked through the murky water to red eyes through human flesh. The water bubbled and thrashed under her silent scream as the face above became distorted and ashened. She was going to die wherever she was and there was nothing she could do about it.

Her lungs burned, tears escaped into the water surrounding her as she felt her body give, her muscles stop working as she noticed her arms fell to the side like cement blocks.

No, no, I can't let it end like this. She screamed within her head, hoping to wake from whatever nightmare she was experiencing. Trying to bite her lips to wake and get out of this suffocating water.

She thought of him and his warm touches before she took her last breath. She thought of the time he brought her to their secret place, the way he rose the wooden bench with his magic and sat beside her watching the sunset. This memory, if she were to die soon, she knew she would want to live in this moment forever. "I'm so sorry, Falencia." His voice was broken, a finger traced her wet cheek catching a tear she didn't know she was shedding.

"I love you Tavol. I have ever since I met you and you raised me from the water. I was just too afraid to tell you, to believe I could love a stranger. Now I know you were never a stranger and even though I acted foolish, I always wanted you to be proud of me and to love me."

HIs kiss soothed her aching body, his lips warm and soft on hers as they lost each other in the kiss and the sun set for the last time in her life.

Breath filled her lungs, causing Falenica to jump up and gasp, filling her lungs with air realizing there was no water she was drowning in but a bed covered with blankets. "Falencia. Falencia, are you okay?" She heard his voice from afar to see he was running to her from the window as if he was looking outside. "What's wrong?"

She grasped her chest in pain, the wound giving her a slight tightness or maybe it was still her lungs begging for air. Shaking her head she realized her face was covered in sweat and tears, her legs caving in to herself as she wrapped her arms around herself. "Tavol i- I thought I was going to die. Last night, my dream..." She couldn't tell him of it. Not the nightmares that she's had since her accident and now progressed further with the incident. "I'm alive right?"

His warm kiss to her forehead seemed to slow her heart rate if only for a moment. "Of course you are alive. You are here. Nothing is going to take you away from here I promise you." His eyes were red, as if he himself had been crying but she didn't have the nerve to ask. Her stomach flipped at the worry that he was upset over something she had done, over the night before or even the thought of losing her agian. "Do you want to talk about it?" It seemed they both might have been fighting nightmares she figured from the haunting look in his eyes.

Debating telling him what she had seen she knew it was the right thing to do but she was scared. What would he think of her dreams of her death? This newer version felt so real, as if it had been true even though the male behind her cutting her chest was most recent the others felt older, as if it had happened in her past. "Tavol, I saw things I don't know about. I saw things I'm not sure are real or just the fear from everything that's been happening." She swallowed hard, her hands unfurrowing to touch his cheek. "Please tell me, how did i die; really died the last time I was here? I need to clear my mind, my death happens every night and I cannot shake it. I cannot change it no matter how I try. Please."