Chapter 7

Ellie, Falencia, whoever she was felt her knees weaken, wishing she was still sitting down on the bed.
Not only did she learn who she was, that she was Falencia Stormsung but she even saw his ears change right before her and yet she still couldn't believe him.

A kingdom of elves. A place she never thought existed. How could they accept her into their land when she was human? He didn't hear what Allaya had said. The disgust in Allayas' eyes and the words others had said... She shook at the memory.
She still had so many questions but part of her was losing the battle of organizing the information if she asked anything more questions. "But I don't have pointy ears."
"After all that, that's what you came up with?" His laughter made her look up at him with glare. He immediately stopped, seeing her angered eyes as if she could throw him to the ground in a second without even hesitating. "I meant, I know it's a lot to adjust to but yes, you don't have your ears but you did have those years ago."
"And how long is this 'years ago' you keep talking about then?" How long did she slumber while this girl tried to live her life only to end it so abruptly because of Falencia surfacing through? "What about me? Am I not an elf then? Where does that put me in this coo coo land?"
He was offended, sort of. "Coo coo land? I'll have you know, you loved this coo coo land. You loved every living creature and young child. You tried to make peace in a world that was slowly getting darker."
"And yet I failed because I died. Looks like this place still moved on without me. Rather than young girls carrying knives and threatening me for staring." She sat back on the bed from exhaustion but tried not to show it as she belittled his town.
"It was hard for some to move on." His whisper was barely audible but she heard it before he laughed it off. "You did not fail, you died twenty three years ago." His voice started to waiver as he told her, not wanting to go into details, praying she didn't want to either.
"So," She looked at his smooth skin, his darkened eyes that showed fear, and sadness as if his heart had been ripped in two. She tried to see the age, she tried to figure out how old he really was but his features did not tell. "So were you younger when I was alive? How old was I when I...passed?"
"The same age you are now. We both were twenty three when..."
"When I died, I get it. So that makes you," She tried not to burst into laughter. "Wow, so you're in your forties? Well you're looking darn good for fourty!" She tried to lighten the mood, tried to make him laugh but saw nothing change on his face. "Sorry." She apologized coughing to stop the laughter. "You really cared for her huh? For Falencia."
He stopped pacing, looking at her he took two steps and was placing his hands gently around her cheeks "No, I cared for you. You and you alone. Though you are in a human body I do see the traits you used to have. Your beautiful eyes, your white blonde hair. It's you under there, your magic just hasn't taken hold yet."
She almost wanted to cry. His words meant so much, her heart crying to wrap her arms around him and kiss him a hundred times as if it had been years without. "So I'm human then? There's no way to change me is there?" His face bowed, a slight string of pain shot through his eyes. "So what was the point of bringing me back?" How could she be a ruler of others when they were more powerful than her, where could they outlive her?
"There's much to go over but you look exhausted and if you pass out in front of me and that makes me want to keep you in bed forever."
His words enticed her and she felt there was a deeper meaning in his words but she huffed, rolling her eyes at him. "No Tavol, I want to know."
"I know you do. I don't want to overwhelm you. You already are, look you can barely stand." He pulled her up only to have her fall into his chest yelping in pain. " Let's hold off and get you healed first. I want to just live in the moment, you know? You're back. You know how long I've waited for you?"
"Twenty three years. You already told me you old geezer."
"See, you have that spunk like her too. You are back. My Falencia." My love, he wished he could tell her. "Now can you do me one favor? I see you're in pain, the fall must have been a lot on your body and I want you to be well. Can you please see a healer at least?"