Chapter 13

Falencia woke with her muscles screaming in pain. It brought her back to the first few days in her human home taking pain meds due to her muscles being damaged from the accident. Thankfully when she had arrived here at Vallinor, she finally got the nerve to let a healer touch her and she had felt better because of it but training had made all those hurt and broken places tighten once more as if it was only a temporary fix from the healers. Granted halfway through she had yelled at them to stop and forced them out, her fear of their magic still fresh in her body. "Wish you let them finish working on you now?" his voice broke her gritting stare as he laughed at her gasping in pain as she fell into bed that night.

        "Shut up or you'll be the next one in pain." she spat before closing her eyes. To say that to a captain, to someone sharing the same room as her and one who was lethal as a panther, she didn't know why she said such things but she was too exhausted to care as her head hit the pillow and fell asleep.

         Maybe dueling with Tavol yesterday didn't help much with the healing time of her body but thinking back it was good to feel powerful and fight him like she might have.
          Turning her head she smiled as she watched Tavol sleep on a cot, his arms sprawled out beside him, his hair a mess on the pillow. He was taller than the cot, his feet still stuck out and his blanket long forgotten on the floor making her laugh at the look of this strong warrior looking like an overgrown child.
          Though she told him about her feelings last night he still insisted he slept on the cot, trying not to push any boundaries which she appreciated. She was starting to feel guilty watching his tall body now trying to get comfortable in such a small space. Part of her wanted to wake him up and tell him to get in bed with her. The thought alone and what she wanted to do; to kiss his lips and hold him close told her one thing.
         Stretching her tired muscles she knew the only thing that could calm her racing thoughts and aching body was a bath.
        Shutting the door behind her she took off the white tunic she had worn to bed and grimaced at the bruises now forming on her hip, stomach and arms from the blunt end of his sword. She might as well have been a bruised banana at this point, finding herself vowing to bruise him up in return. Her fingers brushed the clasp of the necklace, loving the feel of the heavy stone on her chest and she decided she would keep it on. The magic seemed to help her not only in fights but feel more comfortable as if it was keeping her magic closer to the surface. Whatever her magic was before she passed that is. If it could help with her powers then she wanted to make sure it was on at all times to help regain what she had lost. As she soaked up the hot water, bubbles formed around her and she wondered why the Queen decided to give her something so precious, so helpful when she was just a mere mortal.
        She had some type of magic in her, she must have if The Queen told her she could feel it. It made her hopeful but it also made her heartbroken. She would never be exactly like them. She will have human limits and her life will be that of the same. She would not live as long as they do or age so what was the point of being in a place like this if she was so expendable?
           What did my mother do that was so terrible to mark me as the black sheep? Could it be that Tavol saved me and I'm in a human body? She remembered the whispers, the word forbidden rang through her shaking her to her core. What could he have done to make them say such things?
         She nearly fell out of the tub when she heard the door open and Tavol walked inside. She screamed at the intruder hoping she could grab her towel as fast as possible though it was high up on the shelf so she dove her body deep into the water crossing her arms over her chest hoping the bubbles covered her nakedness. "What are you doing here? Get out!" She yelled, grabbing the closest thing next to her and throwing it at him.
        She had hit him with a bar of soap. The bar bounced off his forehead with barely a sting and he looked at her dumbfounded. "I'm sorry. I was looking for you. I didn't mean to scare you." He was laughing.
          She huffed. "Well, apology accepted,now get the hell out!" This was the last way she wanted him to see her. "Stop laughing!"
           He stuck out his tongue brushing through his long hair. "Nope I'm never going to stop, you're just too darn cute when you're embarrassed."
         "I am not!" If she had clothes on right now she would get out of this tub and slap him. "Get the hell out!!!" She roared and he finally backed away, closing the wooden door behind him.
Before he left he turned and winked at her. "Don't cover them so much. They're beautiful and I've missed seeing them."
         She sat there in the warm water, sliding her body further into the water until she was submerged, hiding her embarrassment and excitement from his words. He was definitely going to get some bruises next time they trained.