| The Luminous Island (Part 36) |

(Central Court – Main Hospital)

Chopper stood behind a Mink doctor while she worked on a new patient. Peering around her waist, he watched in silence as she cut the fabric around a man's leg. She was very efficient.

"Do you want a pair of gloves?" He asked, noticing that she didn't have a pair on.

The fox mink shook her head and tossed the fabric aside. She then proceeded to press her palm against the wound and apply pressure to it.

Stumbling back, Chopper waved his arms around wildly. "H-Hey! What're you doing to his leg!? You're going to make it worse if you push on it like that! And you're not wearing gloves! That's not sanitary!"

With determination in her eye, the mink kept her focus on the man's leg, ignoring Chopper's protests. While she continued to press down on his leg, blood started to pour out of his wound and an uncomfortable groan escaped him. She didn't stop though and pushed down more firmly.

Instinctively the man sat up and began to wail, his fingers digging into the mattress.

"Hold him still," the mink instructed.

"W-What?!" Chopper stared at the man who was now crying out bloody murder.

"I said," the mink pressed her hand harder against his leg, "hold him still!"

Chopper jumped at the force behind her words. Nodding numbly, he rushed to the man's side and grabbed his shoulders, pushing him back into the bed. The man forced himself back up though, causing Chopper to trip backwards. "He won't stay still!"

The mink's eyes landed on a syringe that sat on the table beside her and then she looked at him. "Sedate him," she demanded.

When Chopper saw the confidence in the mink's eyes, he calmed down. With a firm nod, he moved to the table and grabbed the syringe. Squeezing the air bubbles out of it, he tapped it twice and then rushed back to the man's side. Rolling his sleeve up, he stuck him and drained the syringe into his vein.

In an instant the man calmed down and fell back into the bed, his eyes rolling closed.

"Much better," the mink smiled, raising her bloody hand from his leg.

Chopper slumped down on the side of the bed and sighed. "What were you doing anyways? We really should set his leg and staple it shut."

"We don't need to set his leg," the mink said. Rubbing her hands on her apron, she cleaned them as much as she could. "His bones are mended."

"What?! What'd you mean they're mended?!"

The mink gestured to the man's leg with her eyes. "I mean they're mended. Now, let's clean up his leg and staple it shut."

"Wait, I don't get it! How can his leg be mended?!" Chopper exclaimed loudly, waving his arms around senselessly. "That's impossible!"

"I mended his bones back together with my devil fruit power," she explained simply, using a clean rag to clean up the blood around the man's wound.

"Your what?!"

"I have the ability to repair bones," she answered, keeping a fixed eye on her work.

Chopper couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Can you close your mouth and help me, Doctor?" She smiled, nudging her head to the tools needed to staple the wound.

"O-Oh, right!" Grabbing the tools, he rushed back to her side and handed them to her one at a time when needed.

"You really know what you're doing!" He complimented, keeping a watchful eye on her hands as she worked.

"I should," she laughed softly, "I've been doing this since I was very young."