| The Luminous Island (Part 11) |

(The Thousand Sunny)

Chopper waved his arms around zealously when he saw Robin, Nami, Brook and Luffy making their way back to the Thousand Sunny. "Welcome back you guys!"

Standing next to Chopper, Franky extended his arms over his head and made a super-pose. "Ow! You guys were gone for hours! Practically a whole day! Did you find anything?"

"Not even a tree," Nami sighed, wiping sweat from her forehead.

"Meat... Food... Meat..." Luffy groaned from behind them, dragging his body across the sand.

Grinning, Chopper climbed onto the rail of the ship and held up a fish. "We weren't sure if you'd find anything, so we went fishing! We caught a couple of fish!"

Walking onto the ship, Robin adjusted her goggles and look around at the piles of fish that were scattered across the deck. Some were alive and flopping around helplessly while most of them were well past dead and spoiled from the heat. "It looks like you caught more than a couple."

Pinching her nose, Nami scanned the deck in disgust. "Why didn't you put the fish in the tank!?"

Taken back by her outburst, Chopper stumbled off the rail and into a heap of fish. "We were so caught up with fishing, we forgot!" He explained, slipping and sliding around as he tried to stand back up.

"Come on, it's food!" Franky grinned, holding up a spoiled fish. "Now where's Sanji? I'm sure he'll be able to cook us up something good with these babies!"

Picking up a fish, Luffy sniffed it. "They smell weird..."

Nami gagged as she inhaled the pungent and sour stench. Pinching her nose even tighter, she took a step back from the mess and looked over her shoulder. "Sanji isn't here yet?"

Franky tossed the fish aside and glanced around the ship. "We haven't seen him or Usopp."

"Or Mae," Chopper added, "or Zoro."

"We ran into him hours ago," Nami mumbled. "I thought he'd be back by now with the others. He said that once he found them, he'd head back to the Thousand Sunny."

"Maybe he got stuck in a sand pit," Brook hummed, holding his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe they all got stuck in sandpits!"

"What?!" Chopper yanked a small squid off his head. "Sandpits?! What sandpits?!"

"The sandpits on the island! They're all over the place! There are hundreds of them!" Brook exclaimed, holding his hand over his forehead dramatically. "I even walked right into one and got stuck! But thanks to Robin, I was pulled out just before it could completely suck me in!"

Running around in small circles, Chopper started to panic. "Do you think the others got stuck in one and that's why they haven't come back?!"

Taking a seat in her lawn chair, Robin opened her book and casually flipped a page. "I doubt it. I'm sure they're fine. They can take care of themselves."

Nami nodded. "I'm sure the only reason Sanji hasn't come back is because he hasn't found the rest of them. We'll just have to be patient and wait."

Watching as a fish flopped onto her foot, Nami stuck out her tongue in disgust and kicked it away. "Ugh! In the meantime, you guys need to clean this mess up!"

(Beneath the island - Somewhere in the Tunnels)

"Stupid moss head, if he didn't get lost all the damn time," Sanji grumbled bitterly under his breath, dusting dirt off his robe.

After running into Nami and the others while exploring the island, it was decided that he would look for Zoro, Usopp and Mae and meet everyone back at the Thousand Sunny. It was obvious that there wasn't anything for them on the island and the sooner everyone returned to the ship, the sooner they could set out and find islands worth their time. And the sooner he'd be able to spend time with beautiful women on those islands.

At the thought of a luscious woman, his mouth began to water, and hearts filled his eyes. "Ah, what I wouldn't give to see a beautiful woman!"

"But," shaking his head clear of impure thoughts, he sighed theatrically, "before I can even think about seeing another woman, I need to figure out where I am."

Yanking his goggles off, he took a brief look around the cavern that he'd fallen into and then glanced up at the ceiling. Staring at the pulsing sand above him, he narrowed his eyes. "Who'd of thought that there'd be something like this under the sand."

Rolling up his sleeves, he directed his attention back to the tunnels around him. As he got ready to head down one of them, he heard a voice that was all-too-familiar echoing off the walls.

"Now where am I?"

Squinting his eyes, he stared down one of the tunnels. It was hard to see at first, because his eyes were still adjusting to the poor lighting, but the longer he focused his eyes on the dimly lit tunnel, the easier it became to see.

"Is that you moss head?" He asked, seeing a dark figure headed in his direction.

Running out of the tunnel, Zoro grunted when he saw Sanji. "What're you doing down here? Don't tell me you got lost."

Sanji scowled. "What're you doing down here? And have you seen Mae or Usopp?"

"Mae and Usopp? They're down here, too," Zoro said. "I was trying to find a way to get us out of here."

Sanji snorted. "You were trying to find a way out? You don't even know your left from your right or which way is north!"

"You're one to talk, you shitty cook!"

Waving a dismissing hand, not in the mood to banter, Sanji gestured to a random tunnel. "Where are we anyways?"

Zoro smirked. "Underground."

"Don't you think I know that?!" Sanji snapped. "I meant, what are these tunnels?"

"They're passageways," Zoro clarified mockingly, "they lead you in different directions and to different places."

Sanji's jaw cracked as he bit his teeth. "And what do they lead to?"

Zoro shrugged. "According to Mae, they lead to different communities."

"Wait," confused, Sanji shook his head, "Different communities? Like villages?"

Zoro crossed his arms and looked up at the ceiling. "Yeah. People live down here and a lot of them, too. Usopp and Mae are with a group of them now."

"So, people live down here? Who would've thought?" Sanji glanced down a tunnel. "Do they know how to get back to the surface?"

"The people that we met didn't, but they said they'd take us to someone who did in the morning."

"And yet you decided to get lost and try to find your own way out," Sanji muttered under his breath. "Can you take me to Mae and Usopp?"

Zoro's eyes darted to a couple of the tunnels and then he nudged his thumb to a random one. "Yeah, it's this way," he said, taking the lead and walking towards it. "But let's make this quick, I'm not your tour guide and I want to get back to looking for my own way out."

"Wait you dumb ass!" Sanji pointed to another tunnel. "You didn't come from that tunnel! You came out of that one! Wouldn't we want to go that way?!"