"Hey camera freak, we know you're in there," the jerk with the bow snarled. "Come out and give us your earnings, and maybe you'll get to live another day.

    Tommy could see Cory shaking a bit behind his crate. He started rummaging around in his pockets, while continuing to move forwards.

    "We know you're back there. A few stell is a small price to pay for what you did to Conna back there. We'll need your money just for her healing." The jerk smirked, clearly proud of the stupid excuse he had come up with, and started looking around the crates.

    The kid was about to find Cory when Tommy jumped down onto the kid, knocking the bow out of his hands. Tommy took the bow and the quiver of arrows and tossed it to Cory.

    "What do you expect me to do with this?" Cory asked, twirling the bow around in his hands. "I've never used one of these before!"

    "I don't know!" Tommy said, watching as the rest of the gang advanced on them. "It's more... um, it's more pointy than the rocks you've been using?"

    "Whatever," Cory said, trying to pull back the string. "Let's see how this works." He nocked an arrow into the bow and pulled back the string, and shot it right at one of the kids in the front. The kid looked at the arrow in his shoulder, shocked, before screaming in pain and trying to tug it out.

    "GOING DOWN GREEN TEAM!" Tommy yelled, and rushed forwards into the still green-smoke colored group. He pulled out a vine from his pocket and tried to run around the group and tie them up, but one of the kids pulled out a knife and chopped straight through the vine. "Rats," Tommy mumbled.

    The kid with the knife started walking towards him, twirling the knife between her fingers. Tommy did a weird spin-kick and knocked the knife out of the kid's hands, and picked it up. He walked towards the group, trying to look threatening.

    "You weasels get away from my friend," Tommy snarled. He brandished the knife, making weird noises and gnashing his teeth as he tried to swing at the group. He punched at a kid in the front, and hit him in the face, before quickly bending out of the way as someone tried to hit him back. "You all have nothing on us. Now get out!" His voice seemed to echo a bit with those last two words, and the group staggered back a bit. The kids backed out of the alley, but stayed at the front where they could block anyone from entering or exiting, and started whispering. Tommy tried the knife out on a nearby box, cutting and stabbing it while continuing to make weird noises. Soon the kids seemed to come to a consensus, and some of the weaker-looking members scurried over to the injured people and helped drag them back to the group. The group sauntered away, sending a few snarky glances back, but soon were gone.

    Tommy looked over to Cory, who seemed to be holding his breath as he continued to hold back the string of the bow. He soon glanced at Tommy and let out that breath, and started panting heavily as he let his arrow shoot into the dirt.

    "Oh my god." Cory was hunched over, but looked up at Tommy when he came over and sat down next to him. "I cannot believe we just did that." He then scrunched up his face a bit. "Dude, what even was that?"

    "What was what?" Tommy asked, leaning back on the crate.

    "The... the smoke bombs, the knife noises, the vine, the echo, all of it," Cory said, bewildered. "And... who the heck is green team?"

    "I don't know, it just kinda happened," Tommy said, shrugging. "But hey, it worked, right?"

    "I guess," Cory mumbled. "Yeah. Yeah it did. Thanks, dude." He picked up the bow again, twanged the string, and smiled. "Hopefully they don't bother us again."

    "Yeah right! I can take them down any day!" Tommy tried to swing the knife into the box again, but he turned his wrist wrong and the knife flew out of his hands and into the wall. He laughed sheepishly. "Okay, maybe I'm not the best fighter."

    Cory laughed too, and stood up to try to pry the knife out of the wall. Even after some tugging, it still didn't come out, so he shrugged it off and picked up his bow. He twirled it between his hands for a moment before Tommy put a hand on his shoulder.

    "Dude, I mean it. I won't let them come back," Tommy said. He looked straight at Cory with the most serious face a guy who can't stop smiling could have. "I'm not worth much, I can't even keep a job for more than a few days. I was living in the freaking woods, for god's sake. I greeted you at first by scaring away your food, and you still invited me in. You still made sure that I wasn't just living alone in a tree. And you barely have enough money to live on your own! It's not like I'm helping you or anything." Tommy propped himself up on a crate and offered Cory a hand up. Cory grabbed it and boosted himself onto the crate.

    "Basically, what I'm trying to say," Tommy continued, "is that I will do whatever I can to help you out. I may not be all too useful, but I'll help you build, paint, collect stuff, keep the place clean, protect the area, whatever you need. And most of all," Tommy looked Cory right in the eyes. "I promise that I'll always be right by your side."

And there! I've had this qued up for a while, but I wanted to wait until I had started working on the next chapter before I posted this so there wouldn't be as big of a gap. So yeah, I'm starting on the next real chapter now! And here is some Tommy backstory, which takes place a bit after Cory's. I have lots of ideas ready, so hopefully I can get them all down and published sometime soon!
-Helena!! :D