I ran into the bathroom sobbing too weak to even make out the right path, crying in front of him would satisfy him even more. I want to be the old Talia again, the strong one. I know better though, I'll never get that side of me again. I was far too broken to find the valid pieces and repair my self. 

I was sitting on the cold black tiles, trying to think of a way to escape this. I can't live like this again, I can't have someone like him again. My eyes are blurry, my legs are too fragile I can't even stand up to wash my face, my head hurts badly and I finally let my head falls backward leaning it on the marbly tiles.

Pathetic.

A few hours later.

I woke up on the sound of the booming knocks hitting the wooden door, I took a while to remember where am I. My eyes are burning due to my previous crying, painful tinnitus sound in my ears making it even harder on me. The knocks are more boisterous now and I couldn't stand up, forcing myself,  I held tightly to the sink pushing myself up taking slow steps towards the door with heavy breaths and blurry vision. I hesitate, I didn't want to face him now, I'm too busy trying to take in oxygen to deal with his angry side. 

"What in hell are you still doing here? Are you out of your fucking mind?!" his low gravelly voice filled my ears immediately. 

"I- I fell asleep." my voice barely audible but he somehow heard it clearly. 

"In the fucking toilet?! On the fucking cold tiles?" his angry tone vibrated through the thin walls.

"P-please stop s-shouting," I begged, stepping on my own shadow as I lost balance due to my strong headache and short pants. 

"What the fuck is happing?" his question now closer to my ears, my eyes closing and opening like a dying fish. 

"Y-you s-swear a-a lot." I blurt out in the time when I couldn't hold my self anymore holding the collar of his t-shirt and shutting my eyes completely, unable to bear the pain anymore.

"I-I need air." I managed to whisper.

JOSEPH

I couldn't move a muscle, the moment she grabbed my t-shirt and shut her eyes tightly I knew something was wrong with her but I couldn't figure it out.
I barely understood her when she said, 'I need air.' Immediately I pushed her closer to my chest and took her out of the bathroom, I couldn't understand how she stayed in there for hours.

She was breathing short breaths yet her heart beating loud and fast in her chest.
I took her to my room, the only room with a balcony, I opened the door quickly, she laid her head on my shoulder and for a second I panicked even more. This is it, she'll die.

I watching her gawked mouth taking in short gasps to refill her deoxygenated blood, her heart throbbing achingly while the grip on my shirt loosened and her knees gave up. I held her tightly against my body keeping her steady as much as I can. 

"Let's go back I'll call a doctor," 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

"Doctor what's the matter with her?" I said as soon as I closed the door behind me.
It's been an hour since I called the doctor, an hour since he made sure she's taking enough oxygen by giving her sleeping pills and drugs that would help her relax for a while. 

"Joseph I think she's been through a lot, she suffers from anxiety and depression which leads to panic attacks and Heart Dysfunction."

"And what should I do now?" my voice came out in waves of panic as my eyes looked at the closed door. 

"All you can do is give her the medicine I'll write on time without force, let her understand that she needs them to help her and nothing more. You have to make sure she's always safe and fine, don't let her stay alone for a long time and constantly check on her if she took long in something. Try to make her feel less depressed and stress. This will help her recover faster without her being scared and frightened."

"Okay, I got it. Thank you,"

Who is she?  

A question that made its way into my mind as I stared at the ceiling of my room, she's been through a lot, that's what the doctor said. She has panic attacks and this happens to the ones who suffered enough. I can't decide whether to help her or get rid of her. I have enough on my plate. 

The buzzing sound made me come back to reality, Mark's name flashing on the device as I picked it up.

"Everything is alright?" I asked as soon as I picked it up.

"Yes."

"Then why are you calling?"

"How kind you are my cousin, I'll be at yours in like an hour,"

"Why?"

"Just a short visit cuz,"

****************************

THANK YOU FOR READING. ❤❤

DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE STORY TO YOUR LIST.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE. ❤❤