Wave 23

"Llyr hurry or we are going to be late!" scolded Darya as she took the tail lotion from me and helped me to apply it. "Help him do his hair," she ordered one of the maids.

Soon enough, I had someone doing my hair, my face, my nails and tails. I was really trying very hard not to squirm away since Darya could be very scary sometime. 

"I could have done everything myself if you would let me..." I said before swallowing a yelp when I felt a hand touch a sensitive spot on my tail. "There are still three hours left."

"Oh dear," she sighed. "That's barely enough. Do you know how long it took me?" she asked making me shook my head. "Five hours to get everything done to my liking."

"F-five?"

"Yes, so let's hurry. Once you are done with his makeup, go fetch his accessories."

"Of course, Miss," answered the maid in question.

As I was getting pampered, Darya and I talked about her new life with Kaito. Apparently, they had to do it a few times before going to see the royal doctor to check if she was indeed pregnant. I still couldn't believe I was going to be an uncle soon!  She was still only a few weeks pregnant, so she only had a small bump on her stomach. But the scarier of all was listening to Kaito talk about her mood swings and her weird cravings. I hoped I wouldn't become like that since I knew Cadfael wouldn't let me live through it after the end of my pregnancy.

When I was almost ready and there were only two maids left, I gently grabbed her arm and pulled her toward me. Then I whispered near her ear with my hand covering my mouth, "Ummm, about the... The m-m-mating... Does it hurt?"

Darya's head turned around to be able to look at me in the eyes before chuckling uncontrollably. I blushed and hid my face in my hands. I shouldn't have asked that! I must look like a fool now.

"I'm sorry, Llyr, but..." she stopped mid-sentence as a laugh escaped her lips again.

"Please stop laughing at me," I whined behind my hands.

After a minute, my friend finally calmed down. She wiped the corner of her eyes and then checked her makeup in the mirror before taking my hand in hers. "Llyr, it's okay don't worry about it. My brother can be a jerk, but he is a helpless man with you. Tell him about your fear and... Well, take it slow."

"Okay, I will."

"Good, now we should head out or we will really be late."

My hand still in hers, she pulled me toward the door. We made our way to the throne room where the first part of the ceremony will be held. As soon as a butler opened the door for us, I found myself surrounded by people I didn't know. Fortunately, Darya was here to do all the talking. Apparently, they were all important people that will help Cadfael rule the Kingdom in the future or something like that. Some had sincere smiles, others were just downright creepy.

"If you'll excuse us, but it is time," she politely said before the aristocrats nodded and reluctantly parted away.

I sighed in relief when I was far enough from them. I didn't know that handling them was so... Exhausting. They didn't stop complimenting on my look or asked for my opinion about everything. I was more than happy to help Cadfael in his job, but this part... The social part, I'll leave it to him.

Arrived at the room where the main ceremony will take place, I could already see that everyone was already seated. Darya let go of my hand and went to take her seat next to her mate. I took a deep breath. I was ready, I just needed to do the same thing as in the rehearsal. When the music started, I watched Cadfael make his way toward the matchmaker and when he was halfway there, it was my turn to make my way toward them. When we were side by side, we both turned toward the matchmaker and followed him into another room.

Away from everyone, the matchmaker invited us to sit down. He then followed suit and sat behind his big pearl. He looked at us and nodded.

"I can see that your relationship has blossomed since you two met. Our decisions are never wrong and let me ask you this question one last time. Remember that once the terms accepted, you cannot take it back and a child has to be conceived tonight. Are you two willing to spend the rest of your life with your mate?" the matchmaker seriously stated as he looked at us.

Cadfael took my hand into his and stated with confidence, "I do."

I smiled at him and agreed too, "I do too."

The matchmaker smiled, "It is always good to see youngsters getting mated. Be your life together successful," he then coughed and took a more serious tone, "I, the matchmaker of the Second Sea, hereby declare Cadfael and Llyr as a mate."

As soon as he finished his sentence, his pearl glowed brightly. Then two rays of light came out of it. The light surrounded my left arm and Cadfael right arm before dissipating into thin air. I looked at my arm and there was a shiny bluish mark with an intricate design all around my bicep. I looked at my mate and he also had it.

"This is the proof of your mating. Congratulations!"

I smiled at Cadfael and he took me into his arms and swung me around. I laughed and he leaned in to give me a kiss.

"You're finally mine," he said smiling making me blush a little at his handsomeness.

"Yes, I'm yours, but so are you."

We were about to go back out where everyone was waiting for us, but before we could make it to the door, the matchmaker exclaimed, "Do not forget about mating tonight and tomorrow and the following day if needed. Do not get out of your room as long as you're not certain about being impregnated."

Gods, please help me.