XV

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Jungkook

"Yeona, stop please!" I tried running towards her as she walked along the edge of the building, casually flirting with death. She loses her balance a few times, each time she would wobble, my heart would go into a state of frenzy.

"I can't stop this." She gave me a pitiful smile as a hand reached out to grab her leg. It tugs onto her, causing her to lose her balance for the last time and she fell back.

I felt a part of me break as I stared at her descending form. My vision going black as my head start spinning. The more my vision got clouded, the more Yeona's face morphed into someone familiar.

She changed into me.

"Jina!" The voice rang through my ears, shaking me awake. I sat up straight on my seat as I looked around the classroom, everyone's eyes glued onto me.

"Are you okay?" Dawn asked from in front of me.

"Y-yea." I crouched into my seat, trying to hide myself but it was pointless.

"As I was saying, alleles-" My teacher continued as I stared at my biology textbook.

Ever since finding that note and last night at Woods Field, I haven't been able to sleep without having a nightmare of Yeona. Everything that happened felt so real, I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

The bell rang which finally meant school was over. I walked out with Dawn behind me, remaining silent. As I exited the classroom, Taehyung exited his. We locked eyes for a good second and at that point everything felt like it was going in slow motion.

His hair bounced with each step he took, eyelids fluttering as he attempted to look away from me. We barely spoke when he sent me home last night, leaving things weird between us. The shattered headlight on the ground made me grow doubtful of him but when he brought me to his car, I realised it was unscratched.

I couldn't believe I had thought he caused Annora's accident, but my mind was all over the place last night. Even though I knew it wasn't him, a part of me remained suspicious.

"Jungkook and I were thinking," Dawn peeped from behind me as I placed my books in my locker. "We should check out the new cafe-" and I slam the locker shut and she flinches.

"Where the hell were you?" I spat and her eyes widened in an instant.

"What?"

"Last night, you just left me alone with Anna. You didn't even bother telling me where you went." I snapped, eyes drilling into hers.

"I-I was with Jungkook, I went over to his place." She mumbled, toying with her hair.

"Our friend's in the hospital and you were with a boy? What's with the both of you anyway? I thought the both of you 'lost your light' or something." I said and the tone in my voice catches her off guard.

"Jina," she breathed out, shock crossing her face as her arm drops limp to her side.

"Forget it," I stuck my hand out. "I'm going to see Annora." I walked ahead of her, out of school and noticed Jungkook leaning against his car.

"So, are you joining us?" He asked as he got up, getting ready to enter his car.

"No..." I trailed off, my eyes catching sight of something and I tense up. "Hey, was Dawn with you last night?" I asked and he nods. "She told me that the both of you were at Woods Field?" I asked, hoping to God that I was wrong as I stared at his headlights that were cracked, one of it being almost completely shattered.