V

CHAPTER FIVE
break-in

I opened the door, the creaking of it squeaking through the entire house and I winced. "Please don't wake up." I sighed under my breath as I looked around the still quiet household. I quickly made my way out, shutting the door as quietly as possible right before rushing to Taehyung's car.

"Hey." He greeted as I entered the passenger side.

"Hey." I smiled back at him as I fastened the seatbelt. "So, are we going to that place?" I asked the moment he started driving.

"I had somewhere a little different in mind." A subtle smirk displayed on his lips.

"I thought you wanted to go to Woods Field?" I looked at him with a slight frown.

"Well, I changed my mind." He passed me a swift glance right before glueing his eyes back to the road. I admired the way his eyes creased into little crescent moons as a shy smile spread across his lips. My eyes trailed down to his arms, noticing how his sleeves were rolled up till his elbows, accentuating his lean arms.

His head then tilted down to look at me, and my face went hot the moment I realised that he caught me staring. I heard a faint chuckle escape his lips as he tried covering it up with a cough.

I know that we were friends and just that, but I'd be lying if I said I felt nothing. Taehyung just understood me, in a way no one else had. When it came to art or anything for that matter. I'd just say a word and he'd get it in a second. Whenever we held a conversation that went deeper than all the superficial stuff, I'd feel a little spark.

But I couldn't allow myself to go further with it, whatever it was. I couldn't do that to Yeona.

"We're here." He peeped as we stopped in front of an art museum.

My brows furrowed, "it's closed." I said, looking at him with uncertainty, not really sure what he had in mind.

"Or you could say I reserved the entire place for us." He gave a little shrug as his lips continued to tug upwards.

"What?" I laughed, confused.

He sighed a little as he took out a keycard from his jean pocket. "One of the workers dropped it when I came here the last time." Taehyung bit his lip to stop himself from smiling like an idiot.

"So instead of giving it back to the worker you chose to keep it so that you can break in." I ask as I looked at him with amusement and hints of disbelief.

"Wrong. So that we can break in." He got out his car hastily.

"Won't there be security, or cameras?" I asked, slightly nervous. I was never one to go against the law.

"Don't worry about it, it'll be fine." He laughed to himself as he stuck his hand out, waiting for me to grab it.

"Have you gone insane?"

"We could go back if you want." His expression dropped, afraid that I wasn't on the same page as him.

I gulped, feeling the adrenaline kicking in as I thought about breaking into the art museum with him. "No," I breathed out. "Let's do it." My neck craned up as my eyes met his.

He reached out, his skin brushing against mine and there it was again. That spark. He intertwined his fingers with mine, a bright and mischievous grin breaking through the shy smile he had on a few seconds ago.