Keep Your Sight Straight

“A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.”

Proverbs 14:30

*************************

When you look at other people having everything, there is a tendency to feel bad for not having it too. You wish you also own those alluring possessions. If you are engrossed owning something what your neighbors have and you are financially inadequate to have it, you start to feel some kind of self-worthlessness. Envy sets in and you dream that someday you will excel them. The truth is, it is not necessary to better anyone else if you would not just compare yourself to the next person. You just need to do your best and be contented with what you have. You don't need to envy others lifestyle and wealth. You have your own life and you are not pretty sure if these people are really happy with what they have.

Every time you envy somebody you are doubting yourself and may negatively impact your happiness. Take for example, those horses running on the race track, their eyes are covered with blinders restricting their visions with the other horses so they can just see straight and reach the finish line as fast as they can. If you do this and don't look on your neighbors' yard you will reach your goal without competing with anybody else. After all, you only need little things to be happy.