Chapter 1: Lost & Found

Start from the beginning

"Stop it." You groggily wacked her hands away causing the girl to wince in pain.

"What got you all worked up?" It was her turn to pout as you linked arms with the girl and dragged her into the office.

"I told you, that guy." You pointed to behind you and Soomi shook her head.

"That's not all, am I right?"

"And the morning rush as usual. I headed out an hour early Soomi, an hour and I'm still five minutes late." You ranted, toughly swinging her arm which was linked with yours in anger.

"Hahaha, what did I expect?" Soomi chuckled, she expected nothing less for her fellow friend. "Well, now we are fifteen minutes late now come on." Your friend quickly showed you into the elevator and pressed the button of the sixth floor.

"Fifteen?" Your eyes widened in surprise as your gaze immediately fell to your watch, she was right. "I am so going to be fired." You bellowed, a sigh escaping your lips as your hands went to cup your face.

"Don't worry, I think the boss has a soft spot for you." Soomi tried to cheer you up, only for you to cringe at her sentence.

"You really think that? Soomi all I have been doing at work is sort files and rot at my desk, I think his feelings towards me is anything but soft." You retorted.

"I guess your right." Soomi chuckled nervously whilst rubbing the nape of her neck. The elevator dinged once the two of you reached the sixth level.

"Well, I think you're going to have to continue to rot a little longer because rumours have been going around that there won't be many assignments coming up. Except for the other guy on the other team, what was his name again? The one who always gets the assignments?" The two of your walked out of the elevator as Soomi massaged her chin, an attempt to remember the name.

"Oh, you mean Yoong~." You began only to hear a plastic crunching sound under your leather boot. You paused mid-sentence as you knelt down to take a better look at what you had apparently stepped on, only to find a small SD card. You picked up the small object and held it up into the air examined it.

"Who would leave such an expensive SD card lying on the floor?" Soomi peered over your shoulder to also take a look at the object you had picked up.

"I don't know, someone must have dropped it." You hummed in response. "I'll give it to lost and found on my way out later." You waved your hand in a dismissing manner and continued to walk towards your desk.

"Well if you don't find the owner, hit me up. I could use an expensive ass SD card." Soomi winked before turning into the pile her desk was located.

"Will do." You chuckled. As soon as you arrived at your desk you were greeted by a large pile of files. Great, more file sorting.

You sighed, picking up a couple of stapled papers and placed it into the empty section of your desk. Quickly forgetting about the small device in your pocket you have just found.

The sun soon slowly began to fall as you finally finished off today's load of work, frantic to get home and get some rest. Soomi had previously dropped by to bid you goodbye. This made you want hurry as you also wanted to go home. Slightly jealous of your friend who was lucky to get out earlier than you. With you finally muster of energy into the last page before dramatically slamming the poor file roughly onto the desk.

"DONE." You victoriously grinned before collecting all your items, practically sprinting out of the office, desperately wanting to get home.

Once you did get home you wasted no time with flopping on your bed in defeat. You felt like every ounce of your energy had been zapped out of your body and you had no energy to move. But your hand just enough to switch on the tv and roll over on your mattress lazily.

Slightly scoffing when a hard object stabs you in the thigh. You frown with confusion before reaching into your pocket to find the small device you forgot to give to lost and found today. With the news playing in the background, your gaze wandered over to your camera which was placed on top of your wooden desk. Eyes darting back and forth, to and from your camera and the SD card.

Should you check out if the SD card had any photos on it?

No, it's wrong.

An SD card was like reading a photographers diary without their permission. But then again, maybe it could give you a clue as to who it belonged too.

You didn't debate it anymore because in one swift motion you had already grabbed the camera and plopped yourself back into your bed. Turing up the volume of the television before sliding the SD card into the camera.

You opened up the photo gallery and flicked through the photos, they were all of the random people. I random collection of photos of people, but they were just your ordinary photo. All the photos looked like it was taken without them knowing. You identified the first two people to be relatively powerful and rich businessman and woman, lawyers, politicians and others you could not quite pinpoint.

"Another two murders were committed this morning at around 3 am." You instantly looked up from your camera to the tv, another two? "The death of a lawyer Chung Jisu and her company partner Paek Youngja. Seems to have been the work of some contaminated. A message from police, everyone stay safe. The contaminated are on the rise once again." The photo of the two then flashed across the screen causing you to panic slightly. You've seen one of those people before.

Your gaze then turned back to the camera, hastily flicking through the photos to find the photo of the lawyer, Chung Jisu, the one mentioned on the news.

It was her, she was just murdered this morning by a contaminated.

Was this a coincidence or something more?

Sneaky surprise chapter before LOE finishes ;)