CHP 1 : MAG

She breathed heavily as she raced inside her room and slammed the door shut behind her.

"Mag!" A women shouted. Mag collapsed on her bed and pressed her face hard on her pillow. Just then her phone vibrated .

Niya : what up dude?

Mag : just regular stuff

Niya : Let me guess....mom?

Mag : Yah..studies studies studies. I am gonna lose my mind .

Niya : forget it chill..Tell me hows your 'secret' classes going ? Any good?

Mag : I guess...

Niya : Oh by the way you heard the new song by Shawn Mendes ?

Mag : Holy shit noo! I gotta go right now !

Niya : Wait when are we starting ?

Mag : I will call you just keep practicing.

Niya : k :)

Mag jumped out of her bed and grabbed her laptop. She opened YouTube and there it was the new trending hit. She put in her earplugs and slowly closed her eyes getting into the deep emotions of the music.

"Mag !" Her mother shouted.

Mag broke out of her imagination and realized that she was in this boring real world which she could not escape. She got up from her bed, kept her laptop aside and shouted back," I know I am getting ready. I won't be late ok?"

She changed her dress, picked up her bag, walked into the kitchen, grabbed her sandwich and vanished into thin air without saying a word to her mother.

She ran through the roads climbed walls jumped from one roof to other with a perfect landing rolls and flips. She reached her bff's house (...well she was on her roof) and jumped right into her room through the open window.

Niya got up from her bed looking terrified. " Woah my freerunner bff....you know I have a door right? Why do you always have to come in like a monkey and scare the shit out of me ? Shall I ...actually I should..I-I really should teach you how to walk!"

"Not a big deal" Mag said jumping onto the bed.

"YEAH TOTALLY ! you coming out of your mom with a landing roll and yes of course your first baby step being a back flip umm...not a big deal!" Niya shouted while getting dressed.

"You know that doesn't make any sense right ? I'm sorry ok? I just needed air"

Niya let out a slight laugh while packing her bag " Pfft..Air ! Huh"

" Ok dude look serious talk ! Tomorrow we are starting tomorrow! I need to show my mom."

"You remember the chords ? "

"yeah"

"Diamonds right ? Deal. Tomorrow"

"At 5 my house"

"Alright then for now lets go to school and then rush home and practice as much as we can...and have a sucking day yeeeaaaa!!" Niya said with a sarcastic cheer. " Oh by the way I know that your Shawn poster are your happy pills and you wouldn't have any inspiration to live without it but you know just remove it fo-for j-just tomorrow. It kind of freaks me out you know."

"Sorry! Not happening !"

"please?"

"Fine then sing alone cause I wont be alive for a duo"

"uggh!! Fine" Niya nodded clenching her fists and biting her teeth hard while looking at Mag with narrowed eyes and a frowned face. They soon reached school while having a great chat on their way. It was all about music.

They both had met each other 2 years ago at school and guess where? Detention. It turned out good for them though...as they both got to know each other and realized that both of them were music freaks. It started from then onwards...the tremendous hard work. Well..Niya had a good situation with her parents supporting her to pursue music but Mag had a difficult life.She was a boxer and a freerunner but the thing she loved the most was music. But her parents were of Indian origin and so their family culture did not support anything that wasn't related to studies but Mag being born in Canada had grown up to know that life couldnt be forced and so she made it a point to learn everything her parents would tell her not to.

"I am sleepy" Mag said yawning while the class was keenly paying attention to the lecture.

"Thats expected if you are up all night taking online guitar classes."Niya replied rolling her eyes.

"Easy for you with a new piano every year but I don't have the money okay ? And you know I can't ask mom " The bell rang as they were speaking and both of them immediately stood up, looking at each other and rushed out.

" 5 tomorrow? " Mag shouted while both of them ran towards their houses.

" yeah ! Practice now okay? Go fast" Niya said turning to a different direction as she waved her a goodbye.

"Bye" Mag shouted back as she climbed up the wall and onto the roof of a house.