Desires of the Heart

My Pov

I never thought there would be any other people besides us interested in other worlds. Ariel had taken us to her secret grotto and it was filled items from that came from the surface.

"Wow!" Salamon exclaimed.

"This is amazing!" Veemon said.

"Look at all the wonderful things Flounder and I have collected. I think it's from the outside world" To any person, it was a collection of random objects, but I knew to Ariel, these were treasures. "Someday, I'm going to see what's out there. I want to see other worlds. Does that sound strange?" Ariel asked.

"No. Not at all." Sora said.

"Me, Sora and our our friends are the same." I said.

"Hey, why don't we try to find that Keyhole you were talking about?" Ariel asked.

"But your father said-" Sora began to say.

"Oh, he treats me like a little girl. He never wants me to do anything. He just... He just doesn't understand." Ariel said. We left Ariel's grotto to look for the Keyhole.

No one's Pov

Unknown to them, the eel twins Flotsam and Jetsam, arrived in the grotto and allowed their mistress, the sea witch Ursula, to see them.

"But the girl could prove useful. And I've got the Heartless on my side. Triton, my old friend... Your day is coming." Ursula said. The evil witch laughed manically, confident she would succeed in her plan.

My Pov

Ariel told us that a place full of sunken ships was where her and Flounder would often find the objects she has in her grotto. We went to the place and went into one of the sunken ships. I noticed a small chest near a window. Shadow, Salamon and Veemon went over to it, but then a shark busted through the window! They swam back to us so fast they knocked me and Sora over. The shark snapped at us, trying to get to us. It backed out of the window and swam off. I had a feeling that thing would still be out there. Shadow was practically wrapped around my arm. I swam over to the and opened it. Inside was a crystal shaped like a trident.

'Haven't I seen this shape somewhere before?' I asked myself. Then I remembered. Ariel's grotto! I grabbed the crystal trident and swam outside. Of course, I had been right about where the shark had been waiting outside.

"Hikari, look out!" Ariel shouted. I turned and managed to move just before the shark could clamp down on me. However, I didn't anticipate on it turning so fast. It went to attack again and this time I was too terrified to move. I held Shadow close to me and waited for the painful death. However, I didn't feel anything. I looked to see Goofy had sunk into his shell and gotten in between the shark and us. The shark had clamped down on Goofy's hard shell and broke all his teeth. The shark swam away as fast as he could.

"You're both safe!" Salamon said, relieved.

"Thank you, Goofy!" I said. Shadow and Salamon nuzzled Goofy as if to say 'thank you'.

"Gawrsh, it was nothing Hikari. You and Shadow are my friends. I wasn't about to let that mean ol' shark hurt ya." Goofy said. I hugged my friend. I was happy to know Goofy would actually go that far to protect me. We arrived at Ariel's grotto. I handed Sora the crystal trident and placed it in the outline on the wall. We waited to see if there would be a reaction.

"Ariel, you've disobeyed me again!" a voice boomed. We all turned to see a very angry King Triton. "I told you not to leave the palace!" Then, he turned his attention to the crystal trident. His trident began to glow, raised it up and pointed at the crystal.