Newfound Love

My Pov

Tomorrow was the big day. Today, Sora and I were collecting provisions we'd need. Sora was to find four Seagull Eggs and four Coconuts. I needed to fill four bottles full of Drinking Water and find four Mushrooms. Riku had already caught the four Fish we needed. I filled up the bottles and found three of the four Mushrooms needed. I knew I'd find the last one in the Secret Place. I crawled through the opening and walked through the tunnel. I found the last Mushroom, but didn't leave right away.

"Hikari?" Salamon asked.

"I want to see the drawing one more times." I said. It was a picture of me and Riku's faces. I remember when he had taken me in there.

Flashback[Eight and half years]

Riku took me somewhere special today. It was the 'Secret Place' he and Sora had. It was amazing! You wouldn't think to look at it, but it was actually a large cavern-like place on the inside. Eve was amazed by the largest of the cave.

"Wow! This place is so neat Riku!" I said, excited.

"Vee!" Riku got flustered since the place made my voice echo. His Eevee placed a paw on Eve's mouth.

"Hikari, shh!" he said, panicked. I looked at him confused. "No one, except me and Sora have ever been in here! I brought you in here because you're special." he told me. I blushed a little.

"Well, thank you for thinking I'm special enough to bring in here." I said, flattered. We both sat down in a spot and started drawing on the wall. Riku drew a picture of me and Nyaromon while I drew a picture of him and Kyaromon. We both observed the other's drawing.

"Don't tell Sora I brought you in here." Riku pleaded.

"Well, I think you'd be even since he's brought Kairi in here already." I told him, pointing to the opposite wall to the drawings of Kairi and Sora. Riku and me both smiled at the picture.

"You're right."

End of Flashback

I walked over to the wall, but I saw Riku sitting down and doing something. Kudamon was perched on his shoulder. I could hear the crackling sound of a rock hitting the surface of the wall. I quietly walked up from behind him to see what he was doing. I must have shift the ground too much, because Riku snapped his head and looked at me.

"Hikari! What... uhh... what are you doing in here?" he asked, flustered. He was blocking the wall that our drawings were on.

"I wanted to look at our drawings one more time. Once we sent sail, who knows when I'll be able to look at them again." I told him. I gently pushed him out of the way and knelt down. I saw what Riku had been doing. He had drawn a hand, leading from my drawing of him to his drawing of me, and it was holding a Paopu Fruit. I looked at Riku, slightly shocked. "Riku... why did...?" I didn't know what to think.

"I lied when I said no one interested me. I was afraid that if I said there was a person I liked and it was you, you would've thought I was a creep or something." he said, blushing. I simply smiled at him and picked up a sharp rock.

"Well, I kinda lied too. I actually came here to do something before we left." I told him. I did the exact thing Riku had done. I drew a hand from my head, led it to Riku's head and drew it holding a Paopu Fruit.

"Hikari..." I lifted myself up off the ground.

"I feel the same way." Riku grabbed me and pulled into tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you Riku. I always have." I said with sincerity in my voice.