Late Night Cuddles |PLATONIC!SHLANCE|

Summary:
Lance is feeling lonely, and can't seem to fall asleep. So he turns to Shiro for help.

☆ Third Person ☆

Lance shifted yet again on his bed, his eyes open. He stared at the wall blankly, a small frown on his face. He sighed in frustration and sat up, rubbing his eyes.

He looked around his room, both bored and tired. He didn't have anything to do.

Lance climbed out of his blanket and slipped on his blue lion slippers. He stepped up and quietly left his room, yawning slightly as he walked down the castle hall.

He stopped in front of Shiro's room, and his hand hovered in a fist. He was hesitant to knock, even softly. What was he even doing?

Lance took a deep breath before letting his knuckles gently hit the door. He doubted that would have awoken Shiro.

He waited a few moments, but no response came. He sighed and turn ed around, about to go try Pidge, when the door to Shiro's room slid open.

"Mmm...Lance?" Shiro's tired voice hummed behind him. Lance turned around and smiled apologetically at Shiro.

"Hehe... Sorry if I woke you, man." Lance said, rubbing the back of his neck and pinching his own skin very slightly.

Shiro just shrugged. "Wanna come in?" He asked, gesturing to his room. Lance smiled softly and nodded, chuckling nervously as he followed Shiro.

The door closed behind the two, and Shiro sat on his bed. He patted the space beside him, looking at Lance. Lance hesitated slightly before sitting beside the man.

Lance looked around the room. It was very clean, not a thing out of place. Nothing short of what Lance would have imagined.

"So what's up?" Shiro asked, looking at Lance with a tired smile. The smile disappeared when he saw Lance's frown, and he tilted his head. "Something wrong?"

Lance took a shaky breath. "I just... couldn't sleep." He said after a moment.

"Oh," Shiro said, wrapping an arm around Lance in a side-hug. "Then why'd you come to my room?"

"I thought, m-maybe I... could sleep in your room tonight?" Lance looked down, a blush dusting his cheeks, embarrassed. He leaned ever so slightly into Shiro's embrace.

"Sounds fine to me," Shiro said, a yawn escaping against his will. Lance looked at Shiro, jaw slightly agape.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's not a big deal." Shiro stated, smiling at Lance. Lance smiled back gratefully, and Shiro stood up to turn out the lights.

Shiro lied down first, and then Lance. Lance felt Shiro encase him in his arms, and their legs naturally tangled. Shiro's head was in the crook of Lance's neck, and Lance felt Shiro's calm breath tickle him.

"This okay?" Shiro asked quietly, and Lance nodded, humming contently.

Shiro's warmth radiated off him, and the rise and fall of Shiro's chest against his back helped Lance relax. Slowly, he drifted off to sleep in his friend's arms, a smile on his face.