0089

Walking home was mostly uneventful. Or rather, it was to start with. Sluggishly walking beside his two friends, whilst dragging his feet, was Clyde, continuously moaning about how he was probably dying. He rambled on about it so much, that after many failed attempts of assuring him that in fact, he wasn't dying, Tweek gave up, and instead, watched his feet as he walked.

It was only when Clyde's phone vibrated inside his pocket, that his demeanour suddenly changed. Bebe was calling him, and after clearing his throat so that he sounded somewhat normal, he answered with a suspicious, overly cheerful tone. "Hey babe, I was just thinking about you."

Beside him, Craig curled his nose in disgust, whilst Tweek pretended to be sick. With a greatly unamused stare, Clyde stuck up his middle finger, before deciding to walk in front of the two. They watched as he scraped his shoes against the ground in his zombie like stumble, whilst clutching his stomach in hopes of preventing himself from being sick on the phone.

"Think he realises his shoe lace is untied?" Tweek asked Craig.

"Probably not."

"Should I tell him?"

"Nah," Craig shrugged. "He'll be fine."

As Tweek gazed up at the light blue skies, an uncomfortable feeling settled within his stomach. He felt as though he was going to be sick, along side Clyde, but he knew it was only because of Eric knowing about them. It made him self aware, and not knowing what Eric was going to do with this information, was driving Tweek insane. If he was going to out them, then he'd rather it happened straight away. At least then, he wouldn't have the time in between to senselessly worry about it. But in a perfect world, he didn't want Eric to say anything at all. He wanted to be able to tell people himself, when he's ready to do so.

Clearly, Craig could sense the struggle within Tweek. He felt it too, but he knew there was no use in tormenting himself over it. There was a line Craig walked that kept himself in balance. It helped him to mentally cope with stressful situations, such as this. He knew that being in the right head space, was sometimes the only answer, otherwise, he'd likely be a spiralling mess like Tweek. Looking away from Clyde, and over to Tweek, Craig lightly nudged him with his shoulder.

When Tweek met his stare with a half smile, it was as though Craig could read his mind. He knew by the look in Tweek's eye, that it wasn't Eric knowing that was bothering him. Instead, it was how Eric was going to tell the others about them. In the past, he'd done some pretty messed up things. He'd started rumours, twisted the truth, and ruined people's lives. This is what worried Tweek. He didn't want to be yet another lie to fall from Eric's lips.

"We can tell people ourselves, if you want?" Craig spoke with a low voice. "Then he has no power over the situation."

"I don't want to tell people yet." Tweek confessed, as he frowned off to the side. "I wanted to figure things out with you first. I just — I wanted there to be some time where only we knew, before everyone else tries to say what they think about it."

Closing his eyes momentarily in understanding, Craig drew in a breath of air. "So what do we do?" He asked, glancing over to Tweek. "I could threaten him?"

With a small laugh,Tweek shook his head. "No, don't do that." Wringing his hands together anxiously, he thought about all that they could do, which was nothing. They couldn't threaten him, or he'd most likely retaliate with something worse than he'd originally planned. They couldn't beg him not to tell anyone, or else, knowing Eric, he'd want to do so even more. "We just go on as normal as possible. There's a small chance that he won't say anything, so we have to wait, and just hope that he doesn't."

"That's a terrible plan."

In front of them, Clyde threw up on the side walk, whilst holding the phone as far from himself as humanly possible. With watery eyes, he peered over to Craig and Tweek, wiping the back of his hand over his mouth as he composed himself.

"Are you sick?" Bebe snapped from the other end of the line. "I swear to God, if you—"

"It wasn't me," Clyde interrupted with his fake voice. "It was Craig. He had a bad sandwich and I'm helping him out."

"Aw, that's so sweet of you." Bebe cooed.

Looking to each other incredulously, Craig and Tweek kept silent in the background as Clyde played the hero. His ego was growing a little too large, so Craig snapped a twig off from a nearby tree, before breaking it up into tiny pieces. Tweek watched curiously at his side, but when Craig placed half the stick pieces into his hand, he accepted them without question. In demonstration, Craig tossed a few of the individual sticks at the back of Clyde's head, and as the brunette swatted them away, Tweek chuckled, before joining in.

"Do you mind?" Clyde complained, turning around to glare at his two friends. But through the phone, Bebe became hostile, thinking he was talking to her. "What? No, Bebe I was talking to my friends."

For a few lasting seconds, Clyde tried to calm his girlfriend down, until she hung up on him. Though he was annoyed, he was also slightly relieved, now that he could stop pretending to be okay. "What was that all about?" Craig asked him, once he'd fallen back into step with them.

With a sigh, Clyde rubbed his forehead to relieve the tension building up. "She's just stressing over prom. She transforms into a little demon around these kinds of things. But it's the price of having a girlfriend. Not that either of you guys would understand."

"I'll consider myself lucky not to have one, if thats the price I have to pay."

"Yeah," Tweek agreed. "I'm glad I'm gay."