0060

The world was turning too slow for Tweek's liking, and the nights were so incredibly long that it was painful. Another uncomfortable sleepless night passed, with him maybe getting around five hours rest at most. No matter how much he wrapped up, this room of his made him feel insatiably cold. He just wanted out.

It was around six in the morning when the sunlight gradually passed though his open curtains to gently warm up one side of his face, and it was this moment, when he'd instinctively woken up, that he'd realised he needed to pee. He sighed into his pillow, preparing himself for the coldness that awaits outside of the blankets, and upon drawing them back, he shivered, momentarily wishing he'd covered his goosebump skin. He was so tired last night that he'd just thrown on the first thing he'd seen, and unfortunately for him, it was a worn out shirt and a pair of shorts.

His toes curled into the carpet as he set his feet down, and after sitting at the edge of his bed while he gathered himself for a short moment, he stood up, using all of the effort he could muster before heading to the bathroom. He decided on taking a bath today, considering he hadn't been taking as good care of his wrapped up arm as he should be. Despite him preferring showers, he knew taking a bath was the right solution.

He'd washed, contemplated life, tried to remember his old life, and single handedly played with a rubbed duck, all in the space of half an hour. By the time he was out of the bath and had dressed himself, there was a knock at the door, shortly followed by a text to the phone he was unable to unlock. The knocking intensified when nobody answered, leading Tweek to believe his parents must've left to open the coffee shop early. He tiredly descended the stairs as he ran fingers through his neglected, tangled locks before opening the door with a forced, half smile. Even though he remembered arranging to go out with Stan today, he was still a little taken aback to see him standing at his door.

"Oh, hey."

"Nice socks..." Stan spoke with sarcasm lacing his words, glancing downwards at the material sharks covering Tweek's feet. "They really bring your outfit together."

Tweek frowned as he looked down at them, with his toes wiggling instinctively as though they were greeting him. "They're the only clean ones I had."

"I'm not judging."

"You are." The blonde argued. He could feel the chill from outside filling the warm house within the short time the door had been opened, so after taking a deep breath, he moved to one side. "Come in, I'm just going to put on some shoes and a jacket."

Stan awkwardly passed Tweek, looking around the room he entered, before deciding to settle down on one of the smaller chairs. He waited patiently for Tweek's return, with his phone providing him with slight entertainment. There was a specific game he'd installed a couple of months ago that had him addicted. Kyle was constantly getting annoyed with their one sided conversations, and many times he'd attempted to delete the app from his friends phone. Now though, Stan was so entirely engrossed by his phone that he hadn't notice Tweek walking into the room.

"Uh... you ready? Or should we wait until you're done?"

"I'm ready." Stan exhaled. He would've loved for them to have waited until he'd completed that level. After locking his phone and putting it away, he pushed himself off from the chair to stand beside Tweek.

"So, are we even allowed to just show up at the hospital? Isn't there like a routine or something?"

"No." Stan answered as he raised an eyebrow. "As long as we sign in and aren't too late, we're good."

"What if he wakes up and expects me to say something to him?"

"Why would he expect you to say something to him?"

"I don't know, do I?" Tweek huffed. He was the first the exit the house, and after Stan had passed him to go stand in the snow some distance away, Tweek locked up the house. Really Tweek didn't know what kind of person Kenny was. He didn't know whether or not he was kind or vile. He didn't know if he was someone important to him or just a familiar stranger. He didn't know if he cared about Kenny, and if visiting him was really worth it.

"He isn't going to wake up." Stan quietly said as he looked towards the snow. He glanced away when Tweek was by his side, and for a moment the two of them thought deeply about what Stan had just said.

"But do you really believe that?"

Since Stan's car was mostly destroyed and currently getting work done, Kyle had offered to drive them to the hospital. He was parked just across the street, opposite Tweek's house and from where the two of them stood, they could see him jamming out to some music. Stan shoved his hands into his pockets as he looked to Tweek, and for the longest moment he thought about his answer. "I don't want to, but I do."

Before Tweek even had a chance for his input, Stan was crossing the street and climbing inside the passenger seat with Kyle turning the music down. Being stuck in the back wasn't so bad, and at least when Kyle tried to make conversation, he couldn't see the anxious curling of Tweek's fingers. The majority of the ride he'd been staring out of the window, overlooking the drawing of a penis marked in the condensation. It was Eric's pettiness from always being forced to ride in the back.

There were no available parking spaces close to the hospital, so Stan and Tweek had to quickly get out in time for Kyle to get going before someone beeped at him. The familiarity Tweek felt when walking through the entrance was overwhelming, and unknowingly to him, Stan was feeling something much worse, dread. They went through all of the necessary procedures before they could visit Kenny, and it wasn't long until they were face to face with the closed door to his room.

"Are you still okay with doing this?" Stan asked, unmoving his hand from the door handle as he awaited confirmation.

"Yeah, let's just do it." Tweek nodded.

Stan watched him quietly for a moment. He could see the nervousness in the blondes eyes, and the trembling of his body, but if Tweek was sure he wanted to do this, then so was he. The moment the door opened, Tweek felt a bad vibe. He could almost feel the pain Kenny was in, he could almost feel the loneliness. The McCormick's had left last night to get some well needed rest, leaving their son with only the consent sound of his monitor.

Endless tubes were attached to his body, supposedly keeping him stable while his lost mind did the rest of the work. Stepping closer without a word, Tweek couldn't help but stare at the boy who looked as though the weight of the world had descended upon. All the while, Stan kept back. He knew the importance of space.

That feeling of familiarity was with Tweek again, the same he had when he'd first seen his father and Stan, only this time much more. He could feel how safe and relaxed Kenny had made him feel before, and all of his previous concerns about not knowing what kind of guy Kenny was disappeared. They vanished the moment he looked upon the soft features of a bruised and bloody face.

He felt his eyes well with tears at the sight of someone he knew he'd cared so much about, being in such pain. He felt his stomach ache and his throat tighten, but he refused to let Stan see his struggle. He wanted Kenny to wake up, or to even twitch a finger so that his faith could be restored, but he didn't. No matter how much time passed with silence, Kenny didn't wake up, and for that Tweek quietly wept.