0059

A timed beep rung throughout the room of sleepless people. Not a single person present could rest, certainly not in such a dire time. The McCormick's had barley uttered a single word all day. The more time that passed with their son unconscious, the less they dared to do much of anything aside from being by his side. The usual arguments and binge drinking had been forgotten, and only every once in a while did they take turns in going for a smoke break.

What Kenny needed most was to hear their voices. He needed them to guide his conscious back to his body so that he could finally open his eyes, but they didn't, and he was lost.

His mind wandered the empty halls of his imagination. He was faced with all of his fears and biggest regrets, forced to keep his eyes open as they appeared before him, some of them crawling towards him. He was in a dark place where his voice didn't work and his limbs ached to move. The ground was tar like, slowing him down, but he had to keep moving, or else they'd catch up.

He could only hear their bloodcurdling screams as they closed in on him, but Kenny refused to succumb to their torment. He wanted to go home. He wanted to see the shattered glass from unwashed plates his mother had thrown mid argument. He wanted to hear the angry shouts of his father, or the saddened cry of his sister. He wanted to feel the surging pain his brother caused as he put out a cigarette bud onto his bruised skin.

He wanted to experience his personal hell on earth, rather than this actual hell.

The air burned to breathe, and his lungs felt as though they were giving out as he coughed up a black mucus. He was dying here, and he couldn't find his way back alone. His bloodshot eyes watered and stung with the temperature rising, and the raspy voice beside him, hidden within the darkness, laughed maliciously as it sang an unfamiliar song.

He'd never been scared to die up until this point, but as bony fingers wrapped around his wrist, he could only pray that time wasn't now.

"Take me to where we first met." Tweek suggested as he watched Craig shivering beside him.

The skies were a pure sheet of white, and if either of them dared to look up, the frosted snow flakes that would land on their faces melted within a second. There was nobody else around. Everyone other than Craig and Tweek had the right minds by staying inside where it was warm and dry.

"It was nowhere special."

"I don't care, I just want to see where it all begun."

"Alright, if you're sure."

"I am." Tweek conformed. They stood still for a few seconds, eye to eye as Craig considered doing as asked.

It was about half an hour later when they arrived outside a relatively small building with many patterned windows. The lights were off with no sign of life, and the streets were deserted other than the odd parked car. Tweek examined the unfamiliar building cautiously. He thought it were an strange place to meet someone.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It's where our moms gathered for some lame book club when we were younger." Craig explained. "There was five of them in total, and each Friday afternoon they'd force us to come."

"Book club?" Tweek grinned.

"Yeah." Craig chucked as he shook his head. "But anyway, the first few times you'd just stare at me as you clung to your moms dress. It annoyed me so much but you kept on doing it."

"So I was weird?"

"Kinda. Turns out you was just shy. It wasn't until my mom noticed you and told me to go play with you that we actually spoke."

"Ah." Tweek nodded in understanding. "A pity friendship."

"Shut up." Craig muttered. "After that we'd hang out each time, then our moms started arranging play dates."

"Interesting." Tweek hummed.

"I told you it wasn't."

"How old were we?"

"I don't know. No older than six."

"I wish I could remember."

"You will eventually." Craig said. He glanced to his right, removing his hands from his pockets to pat at Tweek's shoulder.

The blonde raised an eyebrow at the action. He wasn't entirely convinced he would remember. His mind wouldn't allow himself to consider that a possibility, but if Craig was willing to believe it, then who was he to disagree. He lightly smiled, though in reality he didn't feel like smiling in the slightest. "I hope so."

"Wanna have a look inside?"

"How? It's probably locked."

"Nah, Mrs Leeky is always hiding out in the back. You wanna?"

"Maybe another time." Tweek said as he chewed the inside of his lip. I'm getting kinda tired anyway, and my neck still hurts."

They'd only been out for three hours tops, but Tweek was feeling weak and pathetic. All he wanted was to be within the warmth of his home, where he could tense up at the unfamiliarity of his surroundings. He watched as Craig nodded in understand, and in that moment he debated asking whether he wanted to come over for a bit, but he didn't.

This feeling of uncertainty stuck with Tweek for the rest of the day. No matter how hard he tried to shake it, he was left wanting to know more about Craig and their previous friendship status. He knew there was more to it than Craig was telling him, but for someone he'd just re-met, he wasn't willing to ask about it just yet. Even so, despite it making him feel queasy in the stomach, there was no denying the slight attraction he felt towards the guy. One thing he knew for sure though, was that they weren't your typical friends, and he was okay with that.