0045

Craig slumped down in his seat, fighting his eyes to stay open as he mimicked his classmates, pretending to listen to Mr Hoffman ramble on about exocrine glandes. And while doing so, he pondered just how hard he'd have to hit his head on his desk to put himself out of his own misery. His guess was pretty hard, but a second inspection of the grimy surface had him reconsidering his actions.

He willed himself to stay strong, to fend off the need for sleep, and to survive the next forty minutes without getting yet another detention, since his late arrival this morning hadn't gone unnoticed by the teacher. Exhaling quietly enough not to draw any attention from Mr Hoffman, Craig ran his fingers through his hair, feeling slightly strained at the fact he'd forgotten to wear his hat today.

A hushed giggle beside him caught the noirette's attention, his neck feeling stiff as he turned to the noise. Lola was trying her best to suppress her smile as she stared down at her books, her eyes flickering to Craig momentarily then back to where they belonged. By this point Mr Hoffman's voice had been all but drown out from Craig's mind as he questionably stared at the girl beside him, who glanced innocently to him once again.

He watched as she scribbled words onto one of the pages of her book, before tearing it out, folding it neatly and sliding it over to Craig's desk. For a moment all he did was stare at the piece of paper. The effort to pick it up and read it seeming far out impossible, though as he watched Mr Hoffman turning around to face his students after writing on the board, Craig swiftly snatched it up. He held it in his closed hand, waiting for the coast to be clear again.

A student was called upon to answer a question that Craig hadn't heard. He was lucky it hadn't been him. Satisfied with the students answer, Mr Hoffman returned to the board, while talking over his shoulder. Unfolding the paper under the table, Craig peeked at it, his eyes lingering over the simple 'hey' Lola had written in her perfect handwriting. He turned to the girl again with a raised eyebrow, but she was not longer looking, too focused on writing notes for class, which was what Craig should've been doing, not contemplating whether or not to reply.

Deciding not to, he slipped the note underneath his book, returning his attention to the teacher in attempts to figure out what the hell they were supposed to be learning, though it was no use. His attention span was compatible to a goldfish, and soon enough he found himself returning to the note Lola had written, reconsidering it, as he dragged it back out in front of himself.

Clicking his pen into action, he wrote underneath Lola's 'hey' with one of his own, though it wasn't as neat as hers. Still, it was readable which was good enough for him. He slid the note back over to her desk, before placing his elbows onto his own. His palms sandwiched his face as he stared at the wall at the front of the room.

With unsuspecting luck, Mr Hoffman excused himself from the classroom after a letter had been delivered addressed to him. He headed out of the room, warning his students to behave like adults, and warned them of his short return. In reality, his trip was most definitely going to take longer.

Without supervision, the students fell into conversations with the people around them. The majority complained about how slow Mr Hoffman speaks. It took him most of a lesson to teach what could be taught in a matter of fifteen minutes or less.

"Well if it isn't Mr Unreachable." Lola smiled as she looked over to Craig. "I haven't heard from you for a while. I didn't think I was that bad of company."

"Huh?" Craig dumbly replied. Realisation of what she was talking about dawning on him within seconds. "Oh, yeah, no, you're not, I just suck at replying to messages."

Lola gently nodded, her eyes revealing the fact she didn't quite believe him, non the less, she kept up her friendly persona. "Don't worry about it, I'm not really one to text either, unless it's Sophia, then replies are essential." She rambled. "Anyway, a few of us are going to the mall after school, and since Bebe bailed on us, I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"The mall?" Craig repeated incredously. "I'm going to go with a definite no on that one."

Rolling her eyes, Lola said, "A theatre just opened up, they're showing that new movie with Nicolas Cage."

Tapping his fingers against the desk, he pondered the offer. Did he really want to be stuck hanging around with anyone, when he could be at home playing video games in peace? Hmm, unlikely, but before he had the chance to decline, a mop of blonde hair that belonged to non other than Kenny McCormick appeared beside him, perching on the edge of Craig's desk, much to his distaste.

"What're you doing?" Craig drawled, staring up at the blonde who was obnoxiously grinning to himself.

"Tucker, you wound me," Kenny sighed. "Can't a guy hang out with his pals?"

"I'm not your pal."

"Yeah yeah. I heard talk of Nicolas Cage."

Lola perked up, her smile returning. "Are you watching it too?"

"Nah, I prefer to watch my movies pirated. Nothing beats the moment someone coughs during an intense scene." He joked. Only now did Lola's smile fade, while she spoke a quiet 'oh', shyly looking away from the blonde as she pretended to read through her notes.

"You can leave now." Craig said, still watching Kenny.

"I drew you something." Kenny ignored the suggestion, smirking as he reached into his pocket, withdrawing a crumpled up piece of paper, holding it just out of Craig's reach.

Craig exasperatedly sighed, while running his hands down the sides of his face to further express his annoyance. "Why?"

"Because I'm an artist. I draw what I want, when I want, for whoever the hell I want."

"Okay then," Craig muttered. He knew Kenny wasn't going to leave unless his motives were entertained. "Can I see it?"

Passing it over, Kenny eagerly watched Craig's expression as he uncrumpled the paper. A small smile tugged on his lips when Craig frowned at the terrible drawing of a blonde male with breasts, sticking out his middle finger. So much for being an artist.

"You drew yourself with boobs?" He asked in disbelief, though he wasn't entirely sure why, since this was Kenny McCormick, after all.

"No!" Kenny laughed, reaching over to point a bandaid covered finger at the picture, more specifically at the hair. "It's Tweek, see his hair is messier than mine."

Examining the paper and then Kenny's hair, Craig came to the conclusion that Kenny was a moron, and that he always will be. "Do I dare ask why?"

As though thinking to himself, Kenny tapped a finger against his chin as he stared intently at the other students. "I thought you might like it."

No longer wanting to grant Kenny with a response, Craig considered flipping him off, but even that was beyond him. Thankfully Mr Hoffman returned, looking overly irritated as he all but threw the door open, striding over to his desk as he yelled at everyone to return to their seats.

Kenny muttered beneath his breath as he slipped off Craig's desk to head to his own, leaving the Craig with the picture. Craig didn't know what to do with it. He couldn't let the teacher see or else he'd think Craig had drawn it himself, which would most likely result in another detention. So he crumpled it back up and hid it in his pocket until he could toss it out later.