0035

Drawn blinds that allowed the sunlight to peek through their defences, kept Craig from falling asleep. That, and the fact it was early afternoon. After he'd been left at Harbucks and his hot chocolate had gone cold, Craig had drove his moms car home, with the radio as his only company. He was exhaustedly drained after the confrontation with Tweek, and the only cure was sleep, which he couldn't do.

The warm sheets wrapped around his ankles as his feet poked out for air. The chilliness of his room pricked at the tips of his toes. He breathed in the scent of his pillow, with his face squished in the dent created underneath the weight of his head. His hair sprawled across the top of the pillow messily, with a single hand tangled within.

He quietly listened as he heard muffled voices coming from downstairs, only able to make out his dad's and the sound of the front door closing. Craig lifted his head in hopes to hear better, but it was no use. His stomach dipped uncomfortably at the thought of it being Tweek. What if he had more to say?

Craig turned over onto his back, staring at the ceiling as he tried to quieten his breathing, enough to try detect who's footsteps were currently making their way up the stairs. He pulled the covers up to his chin when the footsteps stopped right outside his door, the handle moving ever so slightly as the person grasped onto it. He could just imagine Tweek on the other end, attempting to summon the courage to open the door, but when it slowly creaked open, he was a little stunned to see Token there instead.

Token wearily smiled, still holding onto the handle as he watched Craig shuffle around, frowning at him. "I come in peace." He snickered to himself as he closed the door and rounded the room to perch on Craig's computer chair, making a three-sixty turn before carelessly starting up the computer in front of himself.

"Why wouldn't you come in peace?" Craig hesitantly asked, vaguely aware of the abnormality of Token's behaviour.

Token spun the chair around to face Craig, with a sympathetic expression as he spoke. "Tweek told me." He confessed with a soft voice.

Craig stared back in silence, feeling nauseous at the thought of Tweek listening to him by actually telling the others, so that they could go their separate ways. He didn't mean it, but Tweek so clearly did. The blonde wasted no time, that's for sure. Now Craig was left with the most intense depression he'd ever felt. His chest felt heavy, and his throat felt dry, yet if you were to ask Token, he'd say everything was fine.

Everything wasn't fine though, far from.
Craig wasn't supposed to push away Tweek, he wasn't supposed to be the one driving a wedge between them, but he had. He'd been so afraid that Tweek liking him would ruin their friendship, that he hadn't even realised he'd been doing it himself.

He exhaled quietly, emotionless eyes boring into Token's as he spoke. "What did he tell you?"

"That the reason you two aren't friends, is because he told you he liked you." Token answered, turning back around to face the computer, since Craig's eyes were making him feel uneasy. "I mean, I get that it freaked you out and all, but is it really worth losing a friend over?"

Token half heartedly scrolled through the internet, clicking on random things as he waited for Craig's reply. A reply that seemed to never be coming, which was confirmed when he looked over his shoulder to see Craig blankly looking at his wall, laying back in his covers, whilst he indulged his internal monologue.

"He's your best friend, dude," Token pressed. "Maybe his feelings will go away after some time. You two aren't exactly the most compatible people."

Craig turned his head to scowl at his friend, for some reason feeling slightly offended by his statement. Not compatible? He can be compatible with whoever the hell he wants. His scowl softened when Token grinned at him, clearly seeking out a reaction of some sort.

"Whatever." Craig drawled. "It's just, weird? I don't know." He sighed, rubbing his hands down the sides of his face.

"What is? Tweek liking you?" Token asked, his eyebrows knitted as he spun from side to side on the chair, stopping himself half way with his foot. "I mean, if I'd known he was gay sooner, I'd have suspected it a long time ago. I always found it strange how you, of all people, were the only one able to calm him down. He'd probably have stitch himself to you, if you'd let him."

Craig propped himself up on his elbows, watching Token carefully as he listened, but Token was more focused on the door as he spoke. His intense eyes trained on one specific spot as he thought about his two friends.

"He just always looked at you differently. I guess, I just always thought that was how best friends looked at each other. Then again, I never caught Clyde looking at me like that. What annoyed me the most was how he always sided with you, even when it was obvious you were wrong." Token slightly smiled to himself. "He'd just be there beside you, spoon feeding you your ego."

"I don't have a big ego." Craig complained, but Token ignored him.

"What I'm saying is, you were always someone there for him. He grew up thinking you were this relaxing presence, which was what Tweek needed the most, and maybe that's why he developed these feeling for you." Token's eyes turned to Craig's unguarded ones, revealing just how focus he'd been. They were sad, yet insightful.

He understood what Token was saying, more than he'd like to admit, and he knew more than anything, that he didn't want to lose Tweek . He'd known this the entire time, yet his stubbornness outweighed the consequences. It wasn't until the reality of losing a friend hit him, that he felt what Tweek had been feeling the entire time. A sense of dread, anxiety at the turn of events, and most of all, the misery of being away from his friend.