0043

The light from outside transitioned through the thick glass of the window as it met with the disheveled blonde hair. He was stuck in art class once again, and though at one point in his life he had loved nothing more than making art, it now seemed like a waste of time. It no longer relaxed him, if anything, it did quite the opposite since the gears in his mind barely turned as he put pen to paper, or in this case, paint brush to canvas. He had lost his passion for the fine strokes a brush could create with just a spark of creativity. How the wonders of a simple idea could progress into something so beautiful. The creation that laid before him now was anything but beautiful, it's half attempted flicks and contours far from put his classmates to shame, in fact, it was he who was ashamed.

It was truly a misfortune that he'd lost his motivation, because the art he once created was enticing, capturing the perfect amount of emotion within his work. Even the teacher had noticed the change in his enthusiasm. He can tell by the way she looks at his work as she passes through the classroom to check on everyone's progress, he can tell by the way she hums disapprovingly, while biting her tongue to prevent her true critic side from showing. Not that he cared, anyway.

Beside him, Kevin Stoley was repeatedly tapping his pencil against the edge of his desk, his eyebrows knitted with concentration as he analysed his work, searching for ways to improve his sketch of a light brown canoe floating through a glistening silent river. His contrast as sky meets water was astonishing, displayed with the right amount of shades. Tweek couldn't help but envy the stars that coated the skies in Stoley's piece, or the light radiating from the water as the moon hung heavily above the canoe.

The tapping however, was increasingly annoying Tweek, thus expressed by the low growl that caught in the back of his throat as he glared at the side of Stoley's head. It only continued though, with each tap smacking against the desk harder than the last. "Will you cut that out?"

Looking up from his work, Stoley raised an eyebrow in questioning. "Huh?"

"Tapping your pencil." Tweek gestured to the still moving object in Stoley's hand. "It's annoying."

"Oh." Stoley murmured, halting the action, before looking directly at Tweek. "Hey, I was going to speak to you after class, but since you're bugging me, I might as well get it out now."

"Okay?"

"Jimmy told me to invite you and your little tribe of losers to his house this Friday." Stoley began, his eyes flickering over to the teacher, who continued to shuffle through papers, oblivious to their conversation. "We're watching the Star Wars Trilogy from episode one."

"I hate Star Wars." Tweek complained. "Besides, why're you suddenly inviting us now? You've never before."

"That's because you say dumb shit, like you 'hate Star Wars'." Kevin sighed. "Look, I don't care if you go or not, but Jimmy said he has some important news and he wants his friends to all be there."

"I'll um... I'll think about it."

"What's there to think about? It's not like you have anything else going on at the weekends."

"I might." Tweek scoffed.

"Whatever, I don't care." Stoley held his palm out dismissively. "But I think you should go."

"Why? Has he already told you what the news is?"

"No," Kevin turned back to his work, shading in the edges of the moon as he wet his dry lips with the tip of his tongue. "But I think it's something bad."