0048

"You think that'll work?" Craig asked, ignoring the cold wind that breezed past him as he carefully watched Tweek at the opposite end of the roof. At this point he was willing to do almost anything to get things back to the way they were, and if that meant smacking lips with Tweek for a couple of seconds then so be it.

"I-I guess..." Tweek called back. To say he hadn't had his own agenda would be a lie, he wasn't entirely convinced kissing Craig would disband his crush for him, but if there was even the slightest chance he'd get to do it, being sly was something he could deal with.

He wasn't at all expecting for Craig to have taken his suggestion this well, in fact he'd imagined the noirette going into rage mode and throwing him over the edge, but for Craig to stay sitting there so calmly, it was suspicious. 'Calmly' was overdoing it, he by far looked calm with his furrowed eyebrows and tensed up posture, but for him to not react as aggressive as he had the day Tweek had told him about his feelings, it was progress, and in Tweek's perspective he was calm enough.

Tilting his head back to look at the dark sky above him, Craig released a dramatic sigh, his Adam's apple bobbling as he swallowed thickly. Anxiously watching him from a distance, Tweek realised that he was actually considering it, and that made his stomach flip. He took slow steps towards his friend, stopping a bit away before sitting back down and playing with his fingers nervously, flushing when Craig looked over to him.

"Fucking Christ, okay. But don't tell anyone alright?" Craig spoke beyond his normal drawl as he readjusted his hat. Tweek had to hide his excitement as he nodded in agreement, crawling closer to Craig and stopping beside him.

By this point Craig was scowling, this definitely wasn't something he'd imagined he'd be doing tonight, and it certainly wasn't something he was going to enjoy, but if it was to save his friendship, he'd bare through it.

Suppressing a smile, Tweek waited for Craig to stop messing around with his hat, prolonging his time. But Tweek could wait for as long as it took, his joy yet nerves never dying down, and soon enough Craig looked to him once again, his eyebrows tightening even more as he glanced at Tweek's lips.

It was selfish for Tweek to go through with this since he knew it wasn't going to have the outcome Craig wanted, and even though Craig looked completely uncomfortable, Tweek needed this. He moved into a more suitable position in front of Craig, crossing his legs while shyly looking at his friend, but Craig wasn't moving and it looked as though he was about to change his mind.

"You don't have to if you don't want." Tweek offered, despite his fears Craig really would change his mind.

Running his hands down the sides of his face, Craig breathed out, shaking his head. "No, let's just get it over with, at least then you can't say I haven't tried."

"I wouldn't say that anyway."

"This is awkward."

"Yeah." Tweek agreed, his small smile finally breaking free as he looked down at his hands. Only when Craig shifted did he look back up, reminding himself to breathe as the noirette seemingly shifted closer without his own permission, scowl still in tact.

It was obvious Craig didn't want to be the one to initiate the kiss, so that left it to Tweek and despite his eagerness, he was beyond scared to kiss his best friend. Then again he'd harboured feelings for this person for so long, his body had a mind of its own, so desperate to touch him that he leaned in subconsciously, pausing when Craig unintentionally moved back a little though once he realised, he stopped.

Peeking a look at Craig's tenseness, Tweek breathed in before tightly closing his eyes and slightly leaning in again. He had to go the full way since Craig wasn't moving at all, but once his nose bumped against Craig's and he could feel the warmth of his body, he didn't care that it was going to be like kissing a mannequin.   

Nerves wasn't something Craig felt a lot, but having Tweek's lips ghosting over his own while his hand hesitantly rested on Craig's thigh was something he'd never be prepared for, and as he shakily breathed through his nose, Tweek's lips finally pressed down on his own, making him stiffen up even more than before. 

It was awkward to say the least, not knowing what to do in a situation like this, he decided to just let Tweek do all of the work while he scrunched his eyes tightly shut and imagined this wasn't happening. He sang the words in his head to a song he'd heard in Token's car earlier that day, continuously forgetting the lines as he felt Tweek's other hand gripping on his shoulder.

The deep exhale through his nose out of impatience seemed to encourage Tweek, his cold fingers moving to the back of Craig's neck, exploring underneath the hat to gently tangle in the black hair. Again, Craig tried to distract himself, but every memory he thought of was ruined by the image of himself making out with Tweek, it was when Tweek's tongue poked at his mouth that Craig was startled and tried to back away, though Tweek still had ahold of his hair which prevented him from getting away.

The tongue went away but for some reason Tweek was still kissing Craig, something that should've been over long ago yet the blonde was unrelenting. Deciding time was up, Craig pulled away again, huffing when Tweek refused to let up and so Craig knocked his forehead against his friends, his way of telling him they were done.

The fingers released his hair, retracting while Tweek pulled away, unable to open his eyes while Craig cautiously watched him. Though the kiss was terrible, the fluttering feeling Tweek had made him feel like he'd experienced the greatest kiss of all time, and the moment he opened his eyes and saw Craig's hopeful expression, he realised this was a mistake, because all it had done was make his feelings intensify.

"Well?" Craig asked. "Are you cured?"

Looking away with embarrassment, Tweek shyly shook his head, suddenly feeling overwhelmed with the sense of disappointment that he hadn't not felt anything, because at least then they could've gone back to the way things were and he wouldn't have these intense feelings that were both a blessing and a curse. "I'm sorry." He unintentionally whispered.

"It's fine." Craig sighed, though his frustration was evident despite his efforts to seem unaffected. "We'll just have to think of something else."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, anything."

The silence that followed was not like the comfortable one they'd previously experienced, instead neither dared to look at the other, both too embarrassed with what had just occurred. Now that Tweek no longer had the warmth of Craig's body close to his own, the chilliness was beginning to become unbearable, along with the atmosphere.

"We should, I don't know, we should probably head back now, right?" Tweek asked, glancing to his friend while biting his nails anxiously. When Craig nodded in response, without another word they stood up, Craig watching as Tweek made his way over to a certain part of the roof before climbing down a ladder Craig hadn't know was there.

Mid way down, Tweek looked up to see Craig frowning down at him. "Why didn't you tell me this was here?"

If the situation had been different, Tweek would've grinned, instead he carried on until he reached the ground and stepped back to watch as Craig descended. "Nobody told me about it."