"S-she, I...Livy...she," he started stuttering which is something he does when he's very stressed and emotional.

"Ray, calm down." I whispered, rubbing comforting circles in his back as he relaxed slowly.

He shot me a thankful look and I smiled reassuringly.

He remained silent for a while and I didn't say anything because I knew he needed time. He needed time to collect his thoughts and present them. He needed time to get ready.

"She rejected me." He concluded in a rushed sentence and I blinked as soon as the information sank in.

My hand flew to my mouth and I felt my body freeze over in shock.

Oh my god!

Ryder didn't sit there for long as he dashed towards the top floor to his room and slammed the door behind him.

I know why he left. He didn't want anyone to see him.

Because he was about to cry.

<><><>

I kept my head in my hands as my body shook in silent tears. Yes, I was crying. I was crying for my best friend. Because he was hurting. And he didn't deserve this.

I know Ryder and I know how much he had always wanted a mate. That was another reason why I tried to get rid of my young silly crush on him.

He is a virgin. He saved himself for his mate. Since elementary school, when his parents told him about mates, he had dreamt of meeting her. I remember how he used to brag as a kid that his mate would be the best, most beautiful girl in the world.

Since when he was in 9th grade, he visited the city church, every Sunday to pray for the well being of his mate and prayed to find her soon.

That was till he had to go to Alaska, but I am sure he never stopped caring for her.

We were all so sure that Ryder will have the best mate ever.

But we were wrong. We were all so wrong.

Whoever she is, must be such a fucking idiot.

I will kill her if I see her.

<><><>

"Ryder..." I whispered as I opened the door of his room. After wiping off my tears and washing my face with water, I decided to visit him. He needed me rightnow.

No reply came. But I saw his silhouette lurking in the every corner of his room, right by the window.

I walked upto him. He didn't even notice me as I stood by him. He was probably too lost in his thoughts.

His eyes were red and swollen and his lips were turned into a frown as he looked out of the window.

I, too, looked out of the window at the woods, just offering him my presence.

I was disgusted in myself. I was so pathetic. Because he was hurting and all I could offer him was my presence.

We stood in silence for a while. So much so, that I was surprised when he suddenly said.

"Am I that bad, Livy?" He whispered, making me turn at him.

"Am I so bad that I deserved to get rejected right in spot? Did I not deserve a shot?" His voice sounded so broken, so pained that I ached my heart to see him like that.

I wanted to just throw my hands around him and cry with him and tell him that deserves everything good in this world.

But I couldn't do that.