“You are the most beautiful girl I’ve met. Not only are you a compassionate and accomplished but you are such a beautiful singer. He’s a bastard for leaving you and not wanting to know you. Don’t ever apologize for crying and sharing yourself with me, okay?” he says holding my chin in place so I look at him in the eyes. I nod whipping the last tears from my cheeks.

“Ed’s going to think I’m a weirdo” I say laughing into Harry’s warm neck.

“He’s not going to think you’re a weirdo. I’ve seen him cry writing a song before. He’s an emotional guy” He laughs with me, stroking my head.

“No way!” I say looking back into Harry’s enchanting green eyes.

“Yeah! How’d you think he wrote wake me up! Or kiss me. He was balling when he first wrote it with me” He says, both of us still laughing. When our laughter fades I sit up to look as harry once more.

“Argh okay we better go then before someone walks in on us like this” I say attempting to get up of his lap.

“No yet” He smiles, grabbing a hold of my neck pulling me in for a more passionate kiss. This kiss was different; it was urgent, passionate… perfect. As he held me tighter, our kisses became more intense, more desperate. When Harry and I release ourselves from each other he leans his forehead against mine collecting breath.

“My dad left Mum and I too. I know what it feels like, but what gets me up is just to think where I am now. Not with my career and what I do, but with the friendships I’ve made, and the causes I’ve helped - who I really am. I got here on my own, and I don’t need his approval to know I can be a good man. And neither do you. But be a good woman I mean.” He laughs, making what he said a little less serious in the end.

“I didn’t know, I’m sorry” I say honestly.

“Don’t be sorry, you didn’t leave me. You’re here with me now, doing things for me that I didn’t think possible” The moment he finished I crash our lips together again in one last kiss before we get up to go back to Ed. I stand up and extend my arm to Harry. He grabs it and I pull him up causing me to nearly fall back down on him.

“Is my mascara okay?” I say trying to wipe the specks of black under my eyes in the reflection of the studio glass.

“You look perfect, as you are” he says giving me a light kiss on the lips before we go. ‘as I am’. It makes my stomach flutter for the twentieth time today and I now push out the thoughts of what I’m doing with Harry, and let myself just be with him while we are away from everything in our own alternate universe. That’s smart.

As we walk into the studio, Ed puts his guitar on the couch and gives me a big hug. Letting me know that it happens to all of us. I’m baffled at how sweet, and genuine he is, which make me admire him just that little bit more. We end up finishing the song and recording Harry singing it. We’ve worked all through dinner and by the time we leave its about 8pm. Ed knows of a good tattoo place down the road so we end up going there right after.

“So what are you getting babe?” Harry asks, not caring how he speaks to me around Ed. I assume they don’t have secrets as he was affectionate in the studio toward me when we came back. It made me a little uneasy because I wasn’t sure what was going on between harry and I, but Ed didn’t ask any questions.

“I want to get a quote on my left shoulder blade” I say to him and the tattoo artist. I look over a few fonts before I decide to write it myself.

 To have faith, is to have wings

“I think I’ll get one too” Harry says as Ben, the tattoo artist is preparing the skin on my shoulder blade and transferring the words onto my back I wrote minutes earlier. Harry holds my hand sitting in front of me, looking a mix between nervous and turned on.