That you make me strong”

I remember those words as soon as he sings them, It’s the first glimpse of the notebook I got to read when he didn’t notice on the plane. As soon as I realize I look up at Harry who’s examining my reaction. He smiles a little causing my stomach to flutter. It sends hot rushes through my body and as soon as they are done they both talk about how great it was, Harry looking over at me every now and then giving me a few flirty looks. Moments pass before they’re stuck and can’t think of a second chorus for the song. It’s been an hour and they have tired a different one’s over and over. I’ve been writing on my iPad for a while as they keep trying different versus, I know its probably not as good but I bring my self to share it in the name of … well Ed Sheeran my idol.

“I ah – I have something if you want to hear it” I breathe.

“Sing it darling!” He says encouraging me. I know I have a voice from previous training and experience singing with my dad but, I haven’t sang since he left - in front of anyone. Harry squeezes my hand a little giving me all the support I need.

“Go on then”, Harry says giving me an endearing smile.

“Argh okay! But I’m not good! So don’t make fun of me!” I say swaying with my iPad nervously. Ed starts to play the song from the start and Harry sings his bit, following Ed and as soon as Harry finishes his chorus I start to sing what I had;

Think of

How much

Love that's been wasted.

People Always

Trying to escape it.

Move on to stop their heart breaking.

But there's nothing I'm running from.

You make me strong”

As I sang I remembered the moments I had with my father and it all just hit me like an avalanche of emotion. The moment I finished I rushed out of the room. The overwhelming of how close those words really where to me took over, remembering how hard it was when he left. Harry ran out after me to the hallway.

“Kat! That was beautiful! What’s wrong?” he called after me grabbing my wrist to turn me to face him.

“Harry, just...argh”

“It’s okay come with me” Harry takes me into an empty studio locking the door. I slide down against the wall and hold my legs crying into my knees.

“Kat, look at me” Harry gets on his knees and tugs at my arms.  I lift my head up and sit up cross-legged wiping my tears. I never cry. Ever.

“It’s okay really, I’m fine”, I say still crying. Before I know it Harry cups my face in his large warm hands and kisses my lips tenderly. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around his neck. We close the space between us and continue to kiss in urgency. The moment I sang those words I knew that they symbolized something Harry was to me. Before I know it I’m siting on top of him. He pulls away and looks at me wiping my tears, rubbing the middle of my back in circular motions, tilting his head to the side.

“Why are you crying?” he asks again giving me a light peck.

“My dad was a singer, and he use to take me on stage when I was little. He left when I was younger and music was all I grew up with. I haven’t spoken to him since. I haven’t sang in front of anyone since then either, and the words really resonated with me, so all of it… just hit me. I’m sorry for being such a drama queen” Harry looks at me for a moment before giving me a light kiss on my forehead.