XXII

"Hey, do you think I could actually do it?" (Y/N) had asked in the silence, laying near Tyler. He nodded gently before turning to face the girl, resting his head on his hand. She looked at his tired brown eyes for a moment before sighing. "Do you think they'd even accept me?" She had asked, sounding completely lost in her place. He had nodded again, this time a soft smile on his face. He had sat up to sign to her, and she had watched his hands now. "They're all going to love you, I promise." He had signed with a smile before he looked down. "I know it  doesn't seem like it'll work, but I bet it will." He had said positively, his smile still there and growing. "You're my light at the end of this tunnel, (Y/N). You gave me hope that I could still do what I want even though I'm mute now." He had signed, his smile sad but pure. "I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you, (Y/N). Singing was my only getaway, and it was taken away from me. You brought it back. I can't ever thank you enough." He had signed with his smile fading into a sadder one by every second.

(Y/N) had hugged him tightly and nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck, her heart beating out of her chest. Her ears began to turn a soft shade of pink once she felt Tyler's arms wrap around her tightly. It was silent and often it was, but after a while of being together it felt like every silence was different. This silence was calming, it was trusting and it was different than when they were talking, either a pulsating silence or a happy vibrating silence. Every silence was different, and they enjoyed every single one together.

Tyler had moved away after a couple moments and rubbed his neck for a moment while looking down. He had looked back up after a moment and licked his lips. "I never really felt like this with Jenna. I loved her, but there was always something small between us." He stopped. The music, she had thought. The music had always been a small wall between the two of them, no matter how hard they tried to break it. Tyler didn't dare say that though, say that he suddenly loved her more than he ever loved Jenna because they shared a bond over music and his voice, it was rude. It was cold. He sighed gently before he had gotten up. 

"I'm gonna make some food, wanna help?" Tyler had asked, a smile back on his face. It had been a long time since Tyler had smiled this much, and it had felt nice. He couldn't imagine that losing the most important thing to him would make him the happiest. (Y/N) had nodded before she had gotten up and ran ahead. "Last one to the kitchen is a rotten egg!" She had shouted with a giggle.

They ran to the kitchen.