XIII

"Tyler!" (Y/N) had called out, running after the boy in an attempt to catch up with him. Tyler had sped up in an attempt to get away from her as fast as he could. He didn't want to face her, he didn't want to even talk to her. Somehow in his head he blamed her for everything had just happened. He blamed her for the kiss, he blamed her for Jenna blowing up on him, and somehow, he even blamed her for Jenna not being able to understand him.

None of it had been her fault though.

(Y/N) didn't ask for the kiss. She didn't ask for Jenna to blow up on him. She didn't ask to stay over, and most of all, she tried to tell Jenna to learn sign language. She had tried hard to let the two be able to talk just as any couple, and she tried hard to make them both happy. Somehow though, that didn't work. Jenna didn't take her time to learn the sign language, and now this was somehow put on her. 

"Tyler!" (Y/N) had shouted again, this time being close enough to him that she managed to reach out and grab his arm. He had turned and looked at her, his face hard. He opened his mouth and his lips moved while his eyebrows were furrowed. He was shouting something to her, but absolutely nothing came out. "Tyler- I can't hear-" She stopped speaking, and his mouth slammed shut. It was like the both of them forgot that he was mute for a moment. His eyes had narrowed and his hands tightened into fists.

"Tyler, you need to calm down and rest." The girl said gently while moving her hand from his wrist to his shoulder. His fist opened and his palm flew up, and before (Y/N) could even react, the sound had filled the whole street.

Smack.

She froze in place. Her eyes watered as her cheek burned. She quickly jolted away from the man and set her hand over her cheek. Her eyes slowly began to overflow, and a stray tear had escaped her soft, broken eyes. Tyler had realized what he had done, and his eyes had softened as his eyebrows had raised slowly. "Wait, I'm sorry-" Her eyes had fell to the ground before she had ran. She had ran as fast as she could, her feet slamming hard against the concrete. He watched her run, and all he could think was how incredibly stupid he was being. 

He walked to Josh's, and somehow, this seemed like the end for him. 

He wanted to leave.

Forever.