XVI

(Y/N) had been sitting on Angelica's sofa and texting her old friends from back at school. It had been hours since she had gotten up and moved, but frankly, she had no need to. She no longer had to deal with Tyler Joseph and she no longer needed to get more learning files for him. She didn't have anything to do for the mute musician. It was sad, really. The way she sat there with her eyes half closed and her head as heavy as stone. She missed him, she really did. She even wished that the kiss the two shared was actually longer.

It was weird, how she suddenly realized how she liked him.

He was nothing to her, but at the same time he had been every single thing. She couldn't think of anything else than going to Tyler's right at this moment and working on music with him or teaching him more sign. She just wanted to be with him, somehow. Angelica had walked in, a bag of takis in hand as she had been chewing. She looked her friend over and sighed. The broken look was painted delicately over every single feature on her friend. It was upsetting.

"Maybe you could say something to him." Angel had suggested as she had set down her bag of takis. (Y/N) looked over at her friend with a frown. "And tell him what? I want to be with him again and not just as his teacher? He has a wife, and he's insanely bipolar. I can't deal with someone like me." She had said roughly before she had even realized what she had said. Like me. She had said someone like me. It was hard to admit it, but she truly was like him in so many ways. 

Angel frowned and rubbed her forehead gently. "You've been through so much with your mother, your career- you name it. You've dealt with it." She had began and sat down next to her friend. She gently rested a hand onto her friends shoulder. "You're lucky." She had finished, a soft smile painted onto her face. Her soft eyes had been on her friend, and slowly (Y/N) had loosened up and looked down. "How am I lucky?.." She had mumbled with not a hint of any anger anymore. It was just pure sadness now, and I believe that's what broke her there. She couldn't think of anything that made her lucky.

"You can sing, you've overcome the problem of communication with your mother, and-" She paused for a minute before looking down. "You've saved Tyler." She said in a small whisper like tone. I was confused for a moment, but it did settle in. He couldn't speak, he could no longer sing and create music. That's what destroys a musician, but he had her. He had (Y/N)'s support and her gorgeous tone. Slowly a smile formed on her face. She truly had saved Tyler Joseph, and for a moment, she was happy for saving the narcissistic asshole.