IX

Day Four

They had spent the rest of the day and night practicing and learning each other's tempos, sounds, and tones. Tyler had to bump up the key for a few songs, but the girl had easily ended up matching up to the tune of his ukulele. (Y/N) had only ended up heading home only a bit before the strike of midnight. She had smiled to Tyler before departing.

Tyler didn't sleep that night, though. He had rather, stayed up and continued working on the songs that he had left half finished. With (Y/N)'s voice in his head, softly singing every lyric, he could suddenly continue the song. It wasn't as dark as it was before. The lyrics had almost uplifted with the thought of her singing. With his one finished song that he had recorded before the accident, he had changed it. He changed the one song he had finished. He changed it so that she could sing with him, and when he said the last goodbye in the song, that's when she would take over the album.

He decided it was a good idea.

The next morning (Y/N) arrived in a soft yellow dress, a barely there tone. He had looked her over, just as he did last time. But, this time it was genuine. He felt he had to look at her as for she was completely stunning. "Do I need to slap some sense into you, again, Joseph?" She had said in a half playful tone. She was in an amazing mood this morning. The smile seemed to be glued to her face. Tyler shook his head gently.

"You look beautiful." He had said, a smile slowly creeping to his lips.

She had smiled a little more before it had fell. Suddenly, it was like (Y/N) had remembered that he had Jenna. She no longer felt that little butterfly dancing in her stomach. Rather, she had felt offended. She simply now felt used, used just as she had always been by everyone else. She walked past him into the living room, but this time she didn't sit on the floor. She sat onto the sofa, and she looked at Tyler. "It's your turn to sit on the floor." She said while she looked through her binder. She planned to teach him more sign language. Tyler didn't want to do that today.

He took the binder off her lap and tossed it onto the black lazy-boy that sat across the room. (Y/N)'s jaw almost dropped. She looked at him with narrowed eyes. "I made that binder just for you, asshole. We're learning it. Today." She said, roughly. She had honestly been done with his antics. Tyler stared at her blankly before he sat down next to her. This only had annoyed her more. Why could he sit on the sofa all the time and make her stay on the floor?

"Stop thinking and start singing." Tyler seemed extremely annoyed.

"Sorry. I can't hear you." (Y/N) spat back.

Tyler froze.

She knew she went too far.

He shoved her off the couch, back onto the floor. He had moved the ukulele off his lap just so he could spread his legs and rest his elbows on his knees. He had sighed out lazily now, almost just to mock her. Just to annoy her. "If you're going to act like a child, sit like a child." He had been smirking through every word he had signed out. Her face had paled while she had dropped her head down to look at the floor.

He began playing.