VIII

She knocked once.

Then twice.

Then about ten times.

Tyler had been smirking as he sat there, listening to every single rushed knock. He had slowly gotten up before opening the door up a sliver. He had looked her head to toe in a slow and almost painful manner. (Y/N) had frowned as his eyes had stayed on her upper chest. He knew he was upsetting her. Frankly, he didn't even care to see her body. He truly just wanted a reaction.

Her hand blazed across his face.

His eyes shot closed as he put his hand over the red imprint of her hand. His smile didn't fade away to the slightest. He bit his lip before he had completely silently chuckled. Tyler could notice a small streak of pink glazed upon her cheeks. He was absolutely content with every one of his actions. He licked his lip, in a slow and almost mocking manner before he had moved to the side, letting her in. (Y/N) had just walked past him, sitting on the floor in front of the sofa. Tyler had trailed behind her hesitantly and sat before her, his heart stuck in his throat.

Her face was hard.

She was completely and utterly pissed.

"I want you to look at this music. Try to sing it." He had signed out before he reached over to the side, grabbing a large folder. It took him a couple minutes to look through it before he had stopped on one song. Lovely. He looked at her, and she didn't look amused. He skipped over it, deciding it wouldn't be a good choice. She probably would have ripped up the music thinking that he was trying to bother her yet again. He stopped on another song. A little more mellow, soft.

March to the Sea.

The meaning of the song was significant to him, but he wasn't sure if the girl would relate to it. Without any relation, no emotion can truly be shown in the tone of the musician's voice. Shakily and unsure, he had handed it to her. Her eyes had looked it over before she looked back at him. "I'm not good with sheet music." She had said, her lips pursing after she had said it. Tyler had frowned. He frowned so deep, he hoped it would cut her.

"How can you sing so well and not be able to read something so fucking simple?" He had said, with her narrowing her eyes and slapping the music down next to him on the sofa. "I can't read it. Sorry." She stood up, turning for the door. (Y/N) was about to leave, but Tyler grabbed her wrist. He felt bad again. He didn't mean to go off on her. Again. He really just wanted to sing it for her so that she could, but he couldn't sing. He couldn't even speak. It hurt him so much, he just wanted to explain to her the notes. He took a deep breath before sitting her down, gently guiding her with his rough hands.

She stared straight into his soft caramel, gold flaked eyes. He had stared right back into her bold (colored) eyes, and for a moment he completely forgot what was happening. But, then he realized she was waiting for him to sign. Then, he had let go and sighed softly.

"I'll explain it."

With that, Tyler began teaching the girl to his best extent. He had done it solely through his (mind you, extremely rough) sign language. Slowly enough, she began to sing. It was rough, slow, and a bit incorrect in many parts. A smile barely rose to his lips. The soft tone escaping her mouth made every grueling second of trying to teach her, all worth it. Suddenly, he had become her teacher rather than the girl teaching him. He had gotten up, and walked to another room.

(Y/N) suddenly stopped and snapped her mouth shut. "Tyler?" She asked, sitting there drowning in her own confusion. "Tyler!" She repeated, but soon enough he had come back with a basic but stunning ukulele in hand. He had rolled his eyes before sitting back in front of her, running his hand down all the strings.

This was the beginning to a new end.