48. YT People Sh*t

Start from the beginning

I followed Chastity over to her bed and there was an outfit laid out, but it looked like something a boy or an androgynous girl would wear.

"Is this a gift for Gio or something?" I asked even though the clothes clearly weren't his size.

"No, believe it or not, it's a gift from him." Chastity said and I didn't even know how to respond. Why the heck was Gio buying Chastity boy's clothes? Not that all clothes should be gender specific, but you know. This doesn't make sense.

"Um, why...I don't even know what to say." I admitted.

"I didn't either. He's been acting different since we got back from the break." Chastity informed me. "The first thing he got me was some boxer briefs and I wasn't concerned about that because I asked him where he got his from because boy's underwear is just more comfortable to me."

I sat on my bed because I knew that Chastity had a lot to tell me. She sat down on her bed and continued talking.

"A week goes by and he buys me a pair of jeans that clearly aren't meant for women and I don't really fret about that because I actually like the jeans. They look cool and they're comfortable." Chastity pats the jeans on her bed and shrugs. "More time passes and before I know it, he's gotten me a whole outfit. Not a single article of clothing could have come from anyone's women's section unless he went to a store specifically for androgynous people."

I furrowed my eyebrows at Chastity's usage of the word. I didn't think she knew about androgyny. Not to be stereotypical, but I hadn't met a straight person that understood anything about it. Even though straight people can be androgynous as well. They'd probably still freak out about it. Let's face it, we live in a heteronormative society and girls dressing like boys and vice versa isn't something people take in easily.

"Do you like the clothes?" I asked and Chastity smiled a little.

"I love them, but I can't wear them." She sighed.

"Why not? If you like them, wear them."

"I don't want to embarrass Gio. I don't want to make him look bad."

I understood where she was coming from, but Gio clearly had no issue with it.

"I get what you're saying, but he bought them for you. Surely he'd want you to wear them."

"I don't think that's it at all." Chastity disagreed. "I think Gio thinks I'm gay and this is his way of telling me it's okay. The only thing is, I'm not gay. Yeah, I have a stupid crush on Jayla, but I'm in love with Gio. I'm attracted to him. I like having sex with him. I-"

I interrupted her, "Um, you could have kept that part to yourself, but carry on."

Chastity gave me a fake smile before continuing.

"I like boys and boys clothes and I have a crush on a girl. I don't know what to call myself, but I know I don't want to stop being called Gio's girlfriend."

"That's the thing with you heteros," I said jokingly. "You always want to slap a label on people. How about you call yourself Chastity because that's who you are. Your preferences and the way you dress don't define you. Your crush on Jayla doesn't determine your sexuality. You know how many straight girls have crushes on Rihanna or Beyoncé? You know how many of them would take a ride on the gay train just for a night with them? A lot. And none of them are changing their label. They still see themselves as straight."

"I'd take a ride on the gay train for Rihanna." Chastity chuckled. "And Beyoncé and Normani and Keke Palmer and Kehlani and-"

"Okay okay, calm your gay ass down." I joked. "But on a serious note, Chastity, you don't have to be one or the other. It's possible to like both men and women. Despite biphobic asshole's beliefs, bi sexual people exist and I'm not going to call you anything you don't want to be called, but if you want a label that bad, bisexual might just be yours."