"No, no, no. I think the baby is coming." Lori panicked.

My eyes widened as I processed her words. We're not prepared for childbirth right now. Carol nor Hershel are here to help deliver the baby.

Just as I was about to comment on her statement, walkers came from the hallway. This is fucking great. That's literally just what we needed. Carl aimed at the walkers.

"No, we don't have enough ammo. Go that way!" I shouted.

Maggie and I helped Lori walk as Carl went ahead of us surveying the area. Just as we were about to go down a hallway, we saw shadows and heard groans of walkers. Carl quickly turned around trying to find another exit.

He found a door and motioned for us to enter it. Maggie helped Lori inside as I pushed Carl inside. I tried to close the door, but couldn't. My hand pulled at the handle yet the door wouldn't shut properly.

I quickly pulled a random table in front of it just in case. As long as we don't make a lot of noise, we should be okay for now.

We hid behind some kind of pipes as I listened to the sound of walkers passing us. Lori held in a groan and I turned my head to look at her.

She was clearly in a lot of pain. God, this is why I hate childbirth. I shifted uncomfortably at the sight of her. I was never a big fan of her, but we can't let her die either. Carl and Rick need her and the baby alive.

"What are those alarms?" Lori asked.

She was breathless and was obviously holding in groans. Maggie told her not to worry about it and helped her to the other room.

She suggested that Lori should lay down, but Lori protested saying the baby was coming. This baby literally has the worst timing.

"We have to get back to our cell block and have Hershel help-"

"No, we can't risk getting caught out there. You're gonna have to give birth to this baby here." Maggie retorted.

Well that's wonderful considering neither of us has medical experience and we're stuck in a place with no equipment to deal with this kind of thing. It's an official catastrophe.

Heavy breaths left Lori's mouth as Maggie helped her get down. I went to Carl and put my hand on his shoulder. Maggie took off Lori's pants and I looked away knowing that was not a sight I needed in my life.

It was then that Maggie explained that Hershel taught her a few things about childbirth, but that it was her first time helping at it.

"I gotta push." Lori said.

I grimaced at those words and looked away. My attention was on the door in the other room. We're even more exposed than before.

Our only protection is that barely functioning door. I can't think about Lori because it only makes me more antsy. But her screams made me jump.

"Stop, Lori, don't push. Something's wrong." Maggie warned her.

I looked behind me to see Lori was standing trying to push out the baby, but there was blood on Maggie's hand.