Sharks?!

***EDITED***

Sunny's P.O.V.

"That makes so much sense!" I exclaimed, bouncing in my bright green sneakers. "She can communicate, sense and somehow control her ancestor's story characters. And since they belong to her family heritage, it makes sense why they recognize her."

Hollywood nodded. "It would explain why she's all secretive." He hesitated. "But didn't she mention something about adoption and not knowing her birth name?"

"Probably because her parents had to give her up in order to protect her from some of the stories or something. The birth name thing..." I paused for a small moment. "I don't know, I need more evidence. And time."

He nodded once again. "We can tell Lauren and Dylan about this after this whole shark thing," he decided, "and maybe they can pitch in and find something to prove Midnight is a descendant of Anson's author."

I smirked. "Our dads' being famous movie producers came in handy, after all."

We fist bumped and continued jogging in the direction of the previous scream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight's P.O.V.

After Midnight passed out and I carried her to the infirmary, I stayed inside my cabin for the rest of the day. I was too depressed about her and my best friends unconscious in the medic cabin so suddenly. I was too nervous to hear the rest of the Chipmunk cabin's comments about my confession at lunch. I was too upset when remembering the conversation I had with Midnight earlier. And how she ran away from me.

I buried my head underneath my pillow and sighed. I didn't understand why she caught my attention so much, why she was the girl my thoughts would always come back to. I mean, it is just a huge coincedence she looks very similar to that gorgeous shadow girl in my dreams. And no, I didn't call the new camper girl gorgeous, I was just comparing her to someone I think is pretty. Not that she isn't pretty, I mean- argh!

"Why is love so confusing?" I groaned under my pillow.

"Twilight?" Someone said above me. I peeked out from beneath my pillow, only to find Dane and Cheeseburger standing next to my bunk. "Why are you confused about love?" Dane asked, trying to hide a smirk.

My cheeks started to heat up. "I didn't say the word 'love'," I lied, sitting up on my bunk. "I said 'life'. Why is life so confusing?"

Cheeseburger couldn't help but smile. "I'm pretty sure you said love," he said. He pulled out a push-pop candy from inside his sweater and handed it to me.

"Why are you giving it to me?" I asked, putting it in my jeans pocket for later.

The boy shrugged and walked out the door. Probably to find Genius Bar or Grinsberg. I wanted to follow him and just try to take my mind off of you-know-who but it felt as if the weight of the sky was resting on my shoulders and ended up falling on my back on my bed. (I just realized I made a Percy Jackson reference. I read those books a while back so I know what happened in 'The Titan's Curse'.)

"Okay, Twilight," Dane said, sitting on his bunk across from me. I turned my head to face him. "I nicknamed you Twilight for two reasons."

"I thought you nicknamed me Twilight because of my emo look and moody personality," I responded dryly.

"Yes, that's my first reason," he admitted. "The second reason, and I only realized this day, was that you have a complicating love life."

I rolled my eyes and my body to turn away from my counselor. "Just forget it, I'll never have a love life," I mumbled to myself. "No one would want to love me. I bet that even if I do fall for someone, she wouldn't never like me back at all."