CHAPTER 11

Sometimes we look for love in the wrong places. Sometimes we look for it in the wrong people. And we continue to do this, until they day we realize it was always next to us. Of course, we knew it was there, but it was an obstacle between us: fear. The fear to admit that we are not how the people around us see us, we just seem to be like that. We are different inside, and only the ones who are sincere to themselves understand that.

 Kate's words didn't give me peace all day. I was avoiding Aaron because of them. We couldn't move from that place because we were waiting for Andy and Crista to get better. That was a big struggle for me. We had a lot of creatures after us that wanted us dead, others who wanted the box, I was nervous, and my mind was filled with dark thoughts.

Ivy, Deby, and Kate thought of going in the town nearby to look for a car, something to get us out of there. I wanted to go with them, but they refused me because I couldn't leave Aaron to look after the two alone, and I was injured. Great. They were going to walk for two hours until they got to that town. Until they looked for a car and they started it if they were going to find one, of course... I made the math, and I realized that I wouldn't be able to avoid Aaron that long. They left, leaving us there.

When I got out of that state of concentration I fell in, I saw Aaron laughing.

"What are you grumbling there, Jo?" he asks. 

"Nothing," I said gravely and stood up. 

I tried to find something to do away from him, but I don't know how our activities seemed to be the same at one point. I think he saw something was seriously wrong with me because I was acting like a mad person. I was awkward.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asks blocking my way.

I tried to pretend that I didn't hear the question and I wanted to pass by him, but he didn't move from the way. I didn't know what to tell him.

"Let me pass," I finally said.

"What's going on?" he asked.

 "You want to know what's going on?!" I asked angrily. 

Andy and Crista were at a distance, but they probably heard our conversation. I didn't care anymore. I felt my heart racing, and I found that situation disturbing for me.

"Yes, I want to know."

"Fine. You know what? I think I'm about to make the biggest mistake of my life, but I don't care anymore! If what's dreaming Ivy it's true, I want to spend the rest of my days doing what I feel, and right now I feel like I need to tell you this, even if it's the most stupid thing I've done in my life because you are... Well, you are you! The truth is that I'm struggling for a while with the thought that I'm falling in love with you, that you are the wrong person, that I'm doing something stupid! I tried to forget it, I tried not to take it into consideration, to pretend that I don't feel anything, but I can't do this anymore! I honestly tried! Damn it! I said it!"

He wasn't saying anything. He was just sitting there, staring at me, and I started feeling a lot more awkward than before. I remembered the time when I refused Adam, and I was thinking about karma. I couldn't stand that tension, and he started getting on my nerves with his silence.

 "Ok, I embarrassed myself in front of you, and I am leaving now!" I snapped. "Of course, you don't say anything because you're you! At least I know I said what I felt! I can die in peace now!"

I decided not to embarrass myself anymore, so I retired with the last piece of dignity I had left. I left, but when I passed by him, he grabbed my hand. We looked at each other for a few seconds, then he pulled me closer, and he kissed me. His soft lips touched mine, and we forgot about everything for a while. I felt free of everything. When we looked at each other, I felt I was looking in the mirror. His blue eyes were communicating me everything I was feeling at that moment.