CHAPTER 2

It was the time to move on from that place. We gathered our things and got into the Transporter. It was hot, just like late spring. I didn't know if there were seasons, but since we came through the portal, it was spring. I hoped that we didn't mix up the seasons as we did with the time.

There was a long road ahead of us, one that seemed it was never going to end. Suddenly, the car started shaking.

"Stefan, what are you doing?" asks Andy.

"Slow down!" says Crista.

"I'm not doing anything! I just can't control the car!" screams Stefan.

We tried to open the doors, but they were locked, and we were stuck inside. We were going fast on that long road, without knowing exactly where. Stefan was pulling the wheel, but the car wasn't moving in any other direction. Then I saw it. The white light was in front of us.

"Deby, are you doing something?" asks Kate.

"I'm not doing anything!" she says.

"We have a portal in front of us!" screams Kate. 

"We can't get out of the car! We are going right into it! Hold on!" shouted Stefan. 

We went directly into the portal. We landed on a woodsy road, with high speed. Stefan couldn't control it in time, and we hit and stopped in the trees.

"Is everybody all right?" asks Julia, who got out on the window. 

A dense smoke was coming out from under the bonnet. We all managed to get out, not very injured. Stefan and Crista hit their legs and heads, but not very bad. I felt my nose baggy, but I was okay.

"What the hell was that?!" asks Kate angry.

"Someone forgot a portal opened?" asks Aaron ironically.

"Someone just threw us through a portal, without our will!" says Deby.

"And now what? The car is not starting!" says Andy mad. 

"We walk forward; maybe we find someone or something to explain things for us" says Stefan. 

We were going through the woods, without a particular destination, when we saw a cave. Some of us were talking about surviving skills, the ones we used to watch on TV, joking about our actual situation.

"It's going to be dark soon. What do you say if we spend the night here?" asks Stefan. 

"Great idea" says Kate. "Let's gather some firewood."

Kate, Stefan, Crista and Julia went to solve that problem, while the rest of us remained to search the cave.

"I hope it's not an animal's lair!" says Deby. 

"I hope so too. It's a safe shelter" adds Andy.

I saw Aaron stuck in a weird position.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Shh! It's something there. See?" he points into the cave.

It was something shiny inside that cave.

"Hey. It's something there!" I say to the others.

"Let's see," says Aaron.

"It's not moving. Maybe it's a bottle or something," grumbles Andy. 

When we got closer, we saw a pair of glasses. They were shining in a strange way as if they wanted to be found. I took them. At that moment, the shining disappeared, and I heard a voice.

"Do you think that you can change the destiny?" asks the voice angrily.

An old lady appeared behind us. She looked like the moraine from the gas station, the one that we had met some time ago. This one seemed to be a lot angrier than the other one.