8. Aberrant

aberrant
[uh-ber-uh nt, ab-er-]
adjective
deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type; exceptional; abnormal

Tyler woke up encased in large arms, the warmth engulfing him as if they were his own personal heater. He blinked, finding himself in Josh's embrace. Josh was awake, he was looking at Tyler with sad eyes. The brunette stayed quiet, scared that he would make Josh mad if he tried to say anything.

"You came back," Josh stated, his lips brushing against Tyler's forehead.

He sounded relieved, like it wasn't obvious Tyler was going to come crawling back. Tyler simply nodded, gulping at the feeling of those lips against his skin. He hated that he got goosebumps.

"I missed you," Josh sighed. "I don't want to let you go."

Now, it was Tyler's turn to be relieved. Josh wasn't mad at him. Tyler wasn't alone anymore.

"Then don't," he replied, his voice hoarse from all the crying he had done just hours earlier. He realized the house was quiet, Josh must have turned the radio off. Tyler silently thanked him.

"Don't leave me ever again." It didn't sound like a command, it sounded desperate. It was almost as if Josh really did have a hard time without Tyler.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry," Josh frowned. "I don't know what got into me. I guess I don't know my own strength, but that's no excuse. I shouldn't have hit you. I won't ever lay a hand on you again, I won't ever stoop that low again."

Tyler nodded, hesitantly. He rested his hand on Josh's cheek, noticing how the older leaned into his touch. Things seemed different now, they seemed better. Sometimes two people have to fall apart in order to get back together again, right?

"I believe you. I forgive you."

"I love you, Tiger. I love you so, so, so much."

"I love you too, Joshy."

Just like that, Tyler was back to smiling. He wasn't thinking about how he would drown for Josh even though Josh wouldn't get in the damn water for him. He wasn't thinking about how Josh had broken his promise before, and there was nothing stopping him from doing it again. He wasn't thinking about how it felt to have his true love lay a hand on him.

He was thinking about this, how this felt right now. He was thinking about how warm Josh made him feel, about how his heart was filled to the brim with love for this man. He was thinking about how amazing it felt to be held. He was thinking about how extraordinary it felt to know he wasn't alone.

"I never want to leave again," Tyler decided aloud.

"I don't ever want you to leave again, either."

"I miss you too much. I need you."

"I need you too."

It felt incredible to hear those words come out of Josh's mouth. Warmth spread over Tyler's entire body as he wiggled himself closer to Josh. He hadn't felt this in a long time; complete and utter happiness.

It was that fuzzy feeling you get when you're wrapped up in a blanket that just came out of the dryer. Tyler felt like he had an armful of fluffy kittens. He felt like he was surrounded by his best friends, only this time, Josh was there. It was a tremendous feeling. Tyler hoped it would stick around for a while.

"Can we go on a date?" Tyler asked, wondering if Josh could hear his heart thumping against his ribcage.

Josh smiled. "Sure, Tiger. Want to go somewhere nice?"

That already intense happiness grew stronger, like Tyler had been hit by a semi-truck full of joy. "Yeah!"

He heard Josh laugh and the warm arms around him disappeared. Tyler sat up and watched Josh walk towards his dresser.

Shit, Tyler never finished the laundry...

Just like that, the happy feeling was gone and replaced with fear.

"Joshy, I was gonna do the laundry, I swear. I put it in the washing machine and everything. But I feel asleep before I could switch it over..."

"It's okay," Josh assured. "I switched the clothes when I got home. Thank you for trying, baby."

Now, Tyler was confused. Josh wasn't going to yell at him? His frown slowly turned into a smile. Maybe things really would be different now. He hopped off the bed and met Josh at the dresser, fumbling through the clothes to find something he liked.

Josh dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans, completing the look with black combat boots. Tyler wore a patterned red button-up, jeans, and vans.

(Fuck look at them I miss them wtf)

"You look cute, baby," Josh complimented, making Tyler's cheeks the color of his shirt.

"Thank you, Joshy. You look good, too."

Josh held onto Tyler's hand as they walked downstairs. It was unusual, to have Josh being so clingy, but Tyler was definitely not complaining. They piled into their vehicle with Tyler in the passenger seat and Josh driving.

A few minutes into the drive, Josh's hand came to rest on Tyler's thigh. The latter smiled at this, his smaller hand resting on top.

"I love you so much," he gushed, watching all the trees as they drove by.

"I love you too, Tyler. I'm glad I have you. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Tyler was comforted in knowing he wasn't the only one that felt that way.

__A/N__

Just you guys wait, when school is out and my finals are over with I'll update much more frequently