42.| When It Falls Down

Start from the beginning

I nodded. "Yeah, her."

"How? When? Why?"

"2 years ago. It happened after me and her broke up."

"How does April feel about this? You have another daughter Keith!"

"April loves her like she birthed her. I mean she wasn't happy at first but once she met her they clicked. But honestly she has to deal with it."

"And how the hell did you figure that?"

"She's my wife and I didn't cheat on her so she had no reason to be upset. She was hurt because she thought she was having my first child but, things changed."

My mom sat back in her seat and just stared at me. "Before I speak on anything else let me tell you something, to say that April has no choice but to deal with YOUR child because you two are married is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. She doesn't have to deal with a damn thing. When she married you, she thought it was the two of you and then boom a child by the woman her man left her for and she's just supposed to be okay with it. No where in your vows does it say a wife should accept a surprise baby. And hope you didn't force her into it either."

"Saying She should just deal with it, is harsh but things happen. What matters most is that I didn't cheat, I didn't step outside our relationship. It was April's decision to just swallow her pride and love Kiara let she's her own. I didn't force her to do that. I'm not the biggest fan of my daughters mother and I've only been a father for a short amount of time but I love it and I can't wait for my child with my wife to get here because things will be even better. I want you to be in Kiara's life too ma. I'm positive you'll love her just as much as me and April."

"I just can't believe it."

"I couldn't believe it either but she's one of the best things that have ever happened to me. Being around her and seeing how she's just like me is amazing. She loves to watch April make her wigs and tries to copy." I let out a small laugh. "I'm even fighting to get full custody of her." I rubbed my sleeping angels cheek.

"And the reason for that is?"

"Her mom doesn't even care about. She just wants to get money from me. She snatched her out of my arms and made her fall to the ground. Ain't no telling what happens when I'm not around. Brittany is more worried about April then our own daughter. It's crazy."

My mom got up and sat next to me. "I'm sure you'll have no problem winning that case." She looked down at Kiara. "She looks just like your sister when she was younger."

I nodded. "Exactly like her."

It got quiet, we both just stared at Kiara.

"As bad as I want to be upset about you knocking up that Bitch, I can't be. I'm going to be there for you and my grand daughter."

"Thanks ma." I kissed her cheek.

"No problem."

The front door opened and closed.

"Keith!" April yelled.

"In here baby." I answered.

She soon appeared in the family room. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Were you crying?" I asked while quickly getting up. My mom took Kiara from me. "What's wrong?" I rushed over to her.