18. Nothing's Impossible

Song I'm currently listening too - How Long by Charlie Puth

Maya's POV

I woke up feeling so much better. Josh was up already to make sure Evie was ready for school. I decided to have a shower and get ready as I had a doctors appointment.

After I was out the shower and dressed, I heard the faint sound of my fiance and our daughter talking in the living room. I slowly and quietly got out of bed and placed my ear against the bedroom door so I could listen. Today was going to be either very good or completely terrible. I had that feeling in my stomach.

"Last week your mummy told me there's a boy you have a crush on." I heard Josh say.

"It's not a crush." I heard Evie say back. Josh just giggled. He obviously thought of when I said that about him. "His name is Reed. He's 8 years old and his birthday is 6 weeks after mine and he's really nice and handsome." She finished.

"So you told daddy more about this boy than you told me?" I came out from Josh and I's bedroom.

"Yes. Sorry mummy." She said and hugged me as I sat down next to her on the sofa.

"It's okay. I completely understand your feelings for this boy." I smirked at Josh before she pulled out the hug and looked confused at me. Josh smirked back at me.

"My girls ready to go?" He smiled.

"Yes we are daddy. Let's go mummy." She started running towards the door. Josh took my hand in his and we followed her.

---

Sitting in the doctors office waiting rooms always made me feel anxious. I hated it. I told Josh not to worry about me and sent him home.

"Maya Hunter, room 4." The receptionist called. I walked along the, what seemed like endless corridor until I reached room 4. I opened the door and I was welcomed by the Doctor's warm smile. I walked over and sat on the chair next to her desk after I shut the door.

"Good morning Miss Hunter, what can I do for you today?" She asked politely.

I explained the reason I was there.

"Okay, would it be okay if we did some blood work?" She asked.

"Of course." I agreed.

"I just need to ask you a couple questions before we start," I nodded. "Have you ever had or taken a contraceptive pill before?" She asked.

"No." I simply replied. She noted my answer down on the forms sheet on the clipboard that was in her hand.

"Okay. Are you and your partner thinking about having any more kids in the near future." She asked. Again, I nodded. "Let's get started then."

---

3 Days Later.

"Maya, honey the phone's for you." Josh handed my over the house phone, then went to our room.

"Hello, this is Maya speaking." I answered.

"Hello Maya, we have your test results from 3 days ago."

"And?" I asked. Nothing braced me for what was to come.

When the phone call finally ended, I rang to the bathroom and locked the door. I started pacing back and forwards, not knowing what to think.

Josh's POV

"Maya? Where are you?" I asked as I walked into the living room about twenty minutes after I had handed her the phone. She wasn't in the living room, but I could here her crying in the bathroom. I walked over to the door and knocked on it.

"Maya, sweetie." She unlocked the door and I walked in. She was sat on the floor next to the shower surrounded by tissues. "Baby what's wrong? Did they give you a pill?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"No they didn't give me a pill. They said they don't think I should take a common contraceptive pill as it stops you getting pregnant as well as making your period more regular. I got told that if we want more kids it may be difficult because of my cycle and the fact it's going to be hard to track when I'm ovulating and things like that. It's basically going to take longer for us to try get pregnant." I put my arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder.

"You said difficult not impossible." She looked up at me.

"I did." She looked at me very confused.

"It's going to take longer to get pregnant so let's start trying." I stood up and helped her up.

"Wait really? Like you and I go to our room and, you know?" I smiled at her.

"Only if you want to." I hugged her.

"I do. But it's like impossible for me to get pregnant." She said and I shook my head.

"Nothing's impossible, the word it's self says I'm possible." She smiled and pulled me towards our bedroom.

---

A/N: Hey readers, just to let you know Joshaya will have another kid, just not until after the wedding and way into their future!

Please keep reading this story! 💕 it means a lot to me.