16. Cutest Dad Ever

Song I'm currently listening too - Medicine by New Hope Club

Maya's POV

Negative. The test read back to us. I couldn't tell if Riley was relieved or upset. She started tearing up.

"Honey come here." I hugged her as she cried into my shoulder, "Did you want it to be positive?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I really thought it was going to be positive. We would've been great parents." She pulled out from the hug and dried her eyes with some tissues.

"Did you tell Huckleberry that you were going to take a test?" I asked.

"Yeah. He looked so happy. That's what calmed me. He was ready to be a dad. I'm still unsure if I'm ready to be a mum." She unlocked the door and motioned for me to follow her to the living room.

When we had sat on the sofa, Josh came out the door and hugged Riley as you could tell she'd been crying.

"What's up niece?" He asked her.

"I thought I was pregnant and Lucas was excited, but I'm not. My dad would kill me as I'm only 20 anyways. That's quite young to have a kid." I fake punched her shoulder, which made her turn to look at me.

"I was 15. That's worse." Josh gave me a stern look, "What?" I asked him.

"Can we not bring that up. I love our daughter but let's not talk about how young you were when we had sex the first time." He said making me a bit flustered.

"Woah, niece in the room. Let's not talk about your sex life." Me and Josh burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry Riles." I hugged her.

"It's fine. I'm gonna go see Lucas and tell him." She stood up and hugged us before leaving.

Josh's POV

"Wanna come snuggle before lunch?" I asked Maya. She nodded and took my hand.

"I was thinking-" She started.

"That's never good." I chuckled.

"Shut up." She giggled, "But I was thinking about going house hunting tonight, and we could get my parents to pick Evie up from school. We don't have to."

"That's a good idea. We could hold on a couple hours, pick Evie up from school and stay at my parents' house tonight. Wanna do that?" I asked and kissed her head.

"Yeah. I feel like I'm not spending much time with Evie lately. I feel like an awful mother." She was on the edge of tears.

"Baby, you're nothig but. Come with me." I stood up and held my hand out for her to grab, "Let's pack for tonight. I'll call my parents and make sure it's okay to stay over." We stood up and Maya went to our room to start packing our things, as I went to pack Evie's and phone my parents.

Maya's POV

"Josh I'm done with our stuff. Are your parents okay with us coming?" I asked as I walked to Evie's room. I was in 'awe' at the sight infront of me. Josh hadn't only packed for Evie, he even lay out clothes for her favourite teddy bear she takes everywhere with her. He's the cutest dad ever.

"Oh, hey baby." He turned to look at me, "My parents are looking forward to seeing us tonight. The miss you and Evie, they yet to mention missing me, their youngest son." I giggled and sat on the floor next to him, "Ready to go have a late lunch?" He asked.

"I'm always ready and prepared to eat. Let's just have cheese toasties." I smiled and lead him to the kitchen.

After we had finished eating, we loaded the car and headed to pick Evie up then headed to Philly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was short and full of random things. I've been having writers block but I've planned the next 9 chapters of this book!

Thanks everyone for reading. 🌍 Please comment and vote. ❤
Don't be a silent reader! 😘