8. We Could Live So Happily

Song I'm currently listening to - Fool's Gold
(Listen to the song at the top while reading this!)

Josh's POV

Last night she told me. How could she keeps this from me. Im Evie's father. I know I left the day after we slept together, but I still had a right to know. She knew I was leaving - that's why she wanted to give me a 'perfect way to say goodbye'. (Comment if you know what this is from!)

After she told me, I went out to continue looking for Evie. Finding out she was mine broke my heart even more to know that she was missing. I returned home at 5pm and had 4 hours sleep, then I was going to head to Maya's apartment. She and Evie live a couple blocks away from NYU.

I walked up to the door, knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Maya's POV

Last night, after I had cried into my pillows for 2 hours, I finally fell asleep. I was having a nightmare about Evie, but thankfully I was saved by somebody knocking at the door. I pulled open the door to find Josh.

Josh's POV

Maya had make up stains on her face, her hair was messy, she had the same clothes on from when I left last night, but she still looked absolutely flawless.

"I was up looking until 5 am, but I couldn't find her. I'm so sorry Maya." I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"It's okay. Someone will find her." She pulled me into her living room. "Before you say anything, I'm sorry." She looked down. I put my arm around her and pulled her into my chest - letting my sweater soak up her tear.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," Yes I know what I said this morning. "Maya I love you and our daughter. Woah, that's weird to say." She giggled. "I'm just happy to be here with you now." Just then, the landline started to ring.

"Hi Amy." Maya answered the phone to my mum. "Oh my god," She smiled. "Is she okay?... Oh thank god..... Yeah, she's keeps asking about her father lately.... tell her we'll be up soon.... yes I said who as in her father... bye!" She turned to me.

"Good new?" I asked. All she did was lean in and kiss me passionately.

"Evie has been hiding in your tree house at your parents house. I take her up to your parents house every holiday. She must of memorised the way on the subway."

"She's definitely your daughter." I kissed her again.

"Your's too. Let's go see her."

Maya's POV

We were sitting on the subway, and Josh was looking really pale.

"Hey," I put my hand of his knee. "Are you okay?  You're looking really pale." He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled my head to his shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm just worried what my family and Evie will think of me, now that they're gonna know I'm her father."

"They're still gonna love you if that's what you mean. Evie talks about you all the time. She gets up at 5am to ask me to take her to school early to see you. Josh, trust me, she love you, I love you." I just realised what I had said.

"Maya, you think I stopped loving you? You're the only thing on my mind the whole time in Australia."  My heart swelled at his words. I looked down and tried to approach the next thing that was going to come out me mouth very carefully.

"Move in with us." I muttered. He clearly didn't hear me as his face had a confused look all over it. "Move in with us." I said a bit louder, but quite enough no one on the subway cart looked at us.

"Seriously?" I nodded and smiled. "I would love too." We carried on the journey to Philidelphia with small talk and flirty comments. I couldn't believe how much my life had changed in the last month. It had definitely changed for better.