1. First Day Of School

Song I'm currently listening too - Back For You by One Direction

Maya's POV

"Evie, come on its your first day of school. You need to put your shoes on. We can't be late." I said trying to tie my daughter's shoes.

"Mummy, I don't want to go I want to stay with you." She said. I hated seeing her upset.

"You can't baby. I have to go to work at Topanga's today. Your gonna love school and make so many friends." I hugged her.

"Maybe I'll meet a best friend like how you have auntie Riley." She said exited. Evie has Riley's personality but looks like me with her freckles and long blonde hair.

"Yeah. Maybe. You ready to go?" She had a massive smile on her face and was nodding. "Let's go then." She took my hand and we made our way to my car.

"Bye mummy!" Evie turned around and she gave me a big hug before she walked into her classroom with a few other kids and the principle.

________

"Hey Topanga." I greeted her as I entered the cafe to start my shift.

"Hey Maya. So, were you a brave mum this morning?" She asked.

"I held it in until I got the car, that's when I felt my eyes tear up. If only her dad could celebrate her first day of school with me, but I'm perfectly fine on my own." I smiled and seen Riley walk into the cafe, staring at something on her phone. My guess she was texting Lucas.

"So does this mean you're finally gonna tell us who Evie's father is?" She smiled weakly.

"That would be a-"

"Uncle Josh!" Riley cut me off, looking up from her phone.

"What!" I don't think I've ever turned my head so fast to look at her in my life.

"Uncle Josh, he's back. He got back last week. He's also teaching at the same school Evie is attending." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What if he figures it out? What will Evie think when she finally learns who her father is? I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone started to ring.

"Hi......This is She......Oh.....Is she okay?.....I'll be there in about 5 minutes.....Bye." I hung up my phone. "Riley since you're here, can you take my shift?" I asked untying my apron.

"Sure, what happend peaches?" She asked taking the apron out of my hands then she began to put it on.

"Evie fell at school and bumped her head, and she's asking for me." I hugged Riley and Topanga and went to Evie's school.

________

When I got there, the principle took me into the nurses office, where I was greeted with little arms wrapping me in a big hug. Then the principle left us alone "Hey sweetie, are you okay?" I kissed her forehead.

"I think so. Thanks for coming mummy." She pulled back from the hug.

"You're welcome baby girl. So have you made any new friends yet?" I asked as we sat next to each other on the chairs facing the wall opposite the door.

"Not yet. Everyone is very nice. I like my teacher too. He helped when I fell over." She smiled. Then I heard the door open. I didn't bother looking round as I assumed it would be the principle again or the nurse. "Mummy that's my teacher, Mr Matthews." I turned around to meet the man I once called 'my everything'.

"Maya, it's been a while." He said.

"Sure has." I smiled weakly.

"Well, you grew up gorgeous." He smirked, as I blushed.

"Mummy, you know my teacher?" Evie looked at me strangley.

"Wait. You're her mum?"

Crap!