6. Are You Him?

Song I'm currently listening too - Runaway by the Vamps

Maya's POV

I had kissed Josh twice in the last week, and we should probably talk about it. Anyways, it's another Monday morning. That means seeing Josh again. That means 'yayyyyyyyy' as Riley would say anyways. Evie's nightmares have been getting so much better. I'm so proud of her facing them like the brave young girl I know she is.

"Mummy, do you like my outfit?" I looked at my 5 year old daughter. I couldn't believe how old she was getting. I just want her to be happy. Even if that meant letting her go to school in the outfit she has chosen.

"Why yes. Yes Evie, I love it. I love you." I bent down and pulled her into my arms.

"Mummy I love you too. But please knock it off. You'll ruin my outfit and he won't get to see me in it." She stated. "Oh no. Have I said to much?" She looked up at my all cute and inoccent.

"There's a 'he'?" I asked.

"Yeah. But can I tell you a secret?" She stood on the sofa so she could whisper in my ear. "He's 8 years old." She smiled.

"He's 3 years older than you?" She blushed and nodded. "Wow, like mother like daughter." I whispered under my breath.

"What's that supposed to mean? Mr Matthews is 3 years older than you. Auggie told me." I looked at her.

"We should probably get you to school." I tried to take her hand, but she pulled away.

"No! Everything is bring up Mr Matthews, you don't answer. Mummy is there anything you want to tell me." Evie was smart. But I have a plan to distract her with radio disney.

"How about I tell you in the car?" I asked her.

"Of course mummy. Let's go see Mr Matthews and my class." She runs down the hallway.

In the car I put on radio disney, and she was singing along to Demi Lovato before she could even ask again.

Josh's POV

When Maya dropped off Evie this morning, she looked breathtaking. I can't believe I left. Especially after what we had done the night before.

At the end of the everyone had left but Evie. I guess Maya couldn't get away from work early again.

"Mr Matthews?" Evie walked up to me.

"Yes Evie? Your mum should be here soon sweetie." I replied.

"Are you my father?" She asked, almost about to cry.

"Why would you also that?" She was crying. "Don't cry."

"Mummy always ignores questions about you or my father. Plus I see the look you give each other. It's the smell as auntie Pangers and uncle Cory." Evie is crying so much right night.

"Sorry, I'm late." Maya came through the door and looked at Evie. "Baby why are you crying?" She gave me the dead eye, while comforting her daughter.

"Mr Matthews won't tell me if he's my father or not." She looked up at me for a split second, before looking back at Evie. "I'll be waiting outside while you talk." She walked out the room.

Maya's POV

"You could have just told her who her father is." Josh muttered under his breath.

"I heard that, and maybe I don't want her to know who he is." I said, starting to get angry.

"Why Maya?" He shouted, making me step back.

"She doesn't need him." I shouted back.

"How will she ever know!" He shouted again.

"I gotta go see my daughter." I walked towards the door. "Evie? Evie. Evie sweetie where are you? Oh my god Evie." I was crying at this point. I walked back to Josh. "Josh, I think us arguing has made her runaway." He wiped away my tears and pulled me into his arms.

"It's okay we'll find her. I know we will." He kissed my forehead, before we left to go find her. Hand in hand.