4. Memories

Song I'm currently listening too - Click My Fingers by The Tide

Maya's POV

What was I thinking? I told Josh all about Evie's childhood, I even showed him a couple of photo albums. It was cute at how interested he was and he couldn't take the smile of his face. I loved it. It's the least he deserved.

Josh's POV

I'm almost 100% sure that Evie is a clone of Maya with a mix of her and Riley's personality. Just the fact that Maya showed me photos of Evie and told me all about her from her first steps and words to her funny little habits. Evie was going to do great things in this world. I just wish her father could share this with her.

Maya's POV

While Josh and I were looking at old photos, I found one from 8 years ago. The day Josh came to the Matthews house for christmas. I pulled it out the album to show him, as I sat closer to him on the sofa.

"You called me Boing for the first time that day." He chuckled.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" I joined him by chuckling.

"If I told you what I was gonna do at the time, I would have been prosecuted." I playfully hit his shoulder. He reached forward to put the photo back, how was it possible we got even closer? "What About this one?" He pulled a photo from the Ski Lodge out and leaned back up, so our faced were centimeters apart."I meant what I said. I never want you not to be in my life." Why was he leaning in? More importantly, why was I leaning in?

"Mummy." Evie came running out her room in tears.

"Baby girl. Did it happen again?" I inquired into why there were tears dripping of my daughters chin.

"Yes mummy. Make it stop." She buried her face into my chest and sobbed.

"I would if I could baby. How about I take you back to mummy's bed and she'll be through soon?" She nodded and I stared walking, but first turned to Josh. "I'll be back in a second, just wait here." I weekly smiled and continued walking.

Josh's POV

I could help but worry about Evie. I couldn't help feel sorry for her. I wish I could make it better. Can I?

"Hey, I'm back." Maya said as she sat back done on the sofa next to me.

"How is she?" I sympathetically smiled.

"I love how that's the first thing you ask." She smirked. "She gets these nightmares. They've happened since she was 2."

"Can I ask what they're about?" I asked softly.

Maya's POV

"I mean you do have the right to." He looked at me funny. I just realised what I said.

"'Cause I'm her teacher?" Oh thank god.

"Um, right yeah." I shook my head. "She's having nightmares about her father. She thinks he doesn't like children and he never bothered to get to know her because she isn't worth it. She's only 5 and I really can't having her thinking those things when it my fault." I had probably stained his shirt with tears, as half way through my rant, him beige the guy he is, pulled my into him and told me everything was going to be okay. I can't let myself get to attached to him again. Look how it ended up last him. I fell for him and somehow get clobbered, he then falls for me and I somehow get clobbered.

"Maya, it's never your fault. Trust me." He's the best guy in the the world.

"I was stupid enough to get pregnant at 15, Josh. I wish I could help her." I spoke the truth.

"Maybe I should go." He stood up. Before he did, he kissed my head.

"Please don't leave me, again." I felt tears again as I stood up.

"Hey, I'm never leaving you again. Why don't you come you come to a party with me on Friday?" He suggested.

"Like a date?" I asked.

"It's can be whatever you want it to be." I smiled. "So you'll come?" I nodded as I walked him to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the school drop off. Goodnight Josh." I hugged him.

"Goodnight Maya." He whispered in my ear. I pulled away reluctantly from the hug and my eyes met his.

"Screw it!" I leaned in and kissed him. It felt right when my lips met his. Why did I ever let go?