7. Yes

Song I'm currently listening too - Whoever He Is by New Hope Club

Maya's POV

"It's starting to get dark. I'm really worried Josh." I said gripping Josh's hand tighter.

"It's okay, we'll find her." He put his arm around my shoulder as I cried into his chest, "Maya please don't cry. I know it's hard but we'll find her, I promise." I pulled away from him.

"Yeah, like you promised someday. Then ran off to the other side of the world." I know I shouldn't take my anger out on Josh, but I did anyways.

"I. I-" He started.

"That's what I thought." I said before turning around and walking to the Matthews to see if they had had any more information about Evie. Before I could run, Josh grabbed my hand so I was facing him. Before I could say anything, our lips were touching.

"We're going to find Evie, Maya. I promise. I mean it this time, and I meant it last time too." He got down on one knee, "My timing is the worst, yes I know. But Maya Penelope Hart Hunter, will you do my the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" He pulled out a locket it from his jacket pocket.

"Yes." He stood up and put the locket on me.

"Riley gave me a picture of Evie to put in it and then I added one of us from the Ski Lodge." He's the best. I looked down to see my phone was ringing.

"Hey Peaches, Lucas said he saw Evie about 3 hours ago at the subway station. Where could she have went?" Riley informed me through the phone.

"I don't know Riley. Thanks though. Tell Lucas thanks too. Keep in touch if you hear any more news. Love you." I replied.

"Love you too. We'll find her soon." Then she ended the call.

"Maybe you should head home and wait for her. I'll continue to look for he. All night if I have to. I promise I'll find her, baby." I couldn't help but cry at his words. I wish I had the courage to tell him, she's his.

"I can't leave. I need to find her Josh." I cried even more as a snuggled into him - soaking his shirt.

"We will. Just let me take you home. I don't need you getting sick." I put his arm around me as we started walking.

The walk was so peaceful and silent. Not awkard silence, comfortable silence. How could I be falling for him all over agian - that's if I even stopped.

"Well we're here." I said as I put the key in the key hole place thingy.

"I promise I'll not stop looking until I find her." He kissed my cheek. "The other night, I heard you whispered 'one' into the persons ear. So I need to ask - you've only ever slept one person and it's me - am I Evie's father?"

"Yes." Without thinking, I slammed the door shut and cried into my pillows for the rest of the night.