47. Misunderstandings and Mental Breakdowns

Start from the beginning

"It's some girl named Taylor." I said giving Jayla my phone. She started scrolling through it and then facepalmed.

"Shit." She said before looking at me. "You owe Dani an apology."

I gave her a questioning look before asking, "Do you know who that is?"

"I don't know her, but she seemed to know me. She walked up on Aniya and me a while ago and she mistook Niya for Dani. I forgot all about it." Jayla informed me and now I was the one facepalming.

"Oh my God." I said hitting Jayla. "You idiot!"

"How am I the idiot? You're the one that doesn't trust your girlfriend when she's literally done nothing to make you not trust her." Jayla argued.

"You're right." I said burying my face in my hands. "I'm so stupid. I was so mean to her and she didn't even do anything."

"She's pissed. She tried to fight Aniya." Jayla said chuckling.

"That's nothing new." I said laughing too.

"Just come back to the room with me and you can apologize to her."

Jayla stood up, but I hesitated.

"She's gonna be so mad at me." I whined and Jayla laughed like it was funny.

"Well, she has every right to be." She stated. "Dani loves you. She's good to you and you believed some random girl over her. Hasn't she proven herself to you by now?"

Jayla was only making me feel worse.

"I get it, Jay. I was wrong."

"You're damn right you were. Now go apologize to my hoe." Jayla ordered and I stood up so I could go beg for my girlfriend's forgiveness.

-

"You won't believe who's behind this whole misunderstanding." Jayla said once we entered her and Dani's room.

"Who?" Dani and Aniya asked at the same time.

"Us." Jayla said making both girl's frown.

"What?" Dani asked looking confused.

"Yeah, what?" Aniya added.

"Niya, you remember that girl that came up to us that one night when we were sitting on our bench?" Jayla asked blushing slightly.

"The night I told you how I felt?" Aniya recalled and Jayla nodded. "Oh, the girl that thought I was Dani."

"Yeah her." Jayla confirmed. "She's the girl that dm'd Nadia. Her name is Taylor."

"Wait, who?" Dani asked like the name was familiar.

"Taylor." Jayla repeated. "She's about 5'4 with caramel skin, dark curly hair, and brown eyes. She recognized me that night, but I'm not sure how she knew me. She's probably one of the randoms that gave me their number because she was tripping about me not hitting her up."

"Her." I said giving Dani my phone and she facepalmed like Jayla had when she saw her.

"Remember the day we met? We were supposed to be touring the campus and I held the door open for those girls when we were leaving the caf?" Dani asked me and I just shrugged. "We ran into one at the movies with Raquel and Malaya. This is that girl's friend."

I was starting to remember, so I nodded my head. "Komfort and Taylor." I mumbled the girl's names, but then I frowned.

"You fucked both of them." I recalled. "At the same time."

"Okay then, baby sis." Aniya said, dapping Dani up and I glared at them both.

"That was the last time I saw that girl. I've been faithful to you, Nadia. I swear." Dani pleaded, but she didn't have to. I believed her.