26 | medicine

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh moon goddess! Why are you saying sorry?" His voice turned soft and he engulfed me in his arms. "You don't have to be sorry. You did nothing."

"That's the point Ryder. I did nothing. I-I don't know what to do, Ray." I whispered, my voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt.

My tears were wetting his t- shirt but as long he didn't complain, I didn't care.

"You really want to give him another chance? You know he doesn't deserve it right?" He told me and I sighed.

I tilted my head so that I could see the setting sun and my eyes enjoyed the view as I soaked in the truth of the situation.

"I know Ryder. I know. He's not worth it. But our relationship is. It's not him who I am giving another shot, it's us. I need him, Ray. I need him because I know no one can make me feel the way he does. He's my mate. There's no one else for me, but him. And how can I not give him a chance when he's my only chance in life?"

<><><>

The evening went that way, me and Ryder talked about life. He promised me to not kill chance till I asked him to and I promised to him that I'll not give into his charms easily.

After the sunset it wasn't very dark, with the moon shining above us and I asked Ryder something I have always wanted to.

"How does your wolf look like?" I asked him and he looked at me with a smile. His eyes shined at the mention of his wolf and I could tell he he was proud of his wolf.

"Why don't you see him yourself?" He said and my eyes lit up with excitement.

"His name is Ferox." He told me. "It means fierce in Latin. That's what I wanted my wolf to be like. Fierce. But just at the same time. Authoritive. But someone everyone could look up to."

The pride in his eyes wee evident and I turned around as he shifted. I heard the familiar cracks of bones and I howl made me turn around as I witnessed one of the most beautiful wolves I have seen.

He had a silver fur. Just like his father. Two strong, distinctive and beautiful stripes going around his neck and his fur was sort of snow white around the base. It was like was glowing in the moonlight. His eyes were sea blue. Just like Ryder's. They were blue, but like Lupus'. Lupus' eyes were something different. They were icy blue. Something so refreshing and beautiful that I could stare all day.

Ryder had a huge wolf too, but a bit shorter than Chance, and way bigger than my father.

This made me wish I'll be able to shift soon. I wanted to know what my wolf looks like. I wanted to be able to talk her. And go for runs in the woods with Chance and Ryder and Kat.

Ferox poked my forehead and I giggled.

"Ferox! Stop!" Ferox grinned at his name being called and wiggled his tail at me before running away in the opposite direction.

"FEROX!" I called his name, but he didn't stop and I knew he wanted me to follow him.

So I did.

<><><>

Next day at school was different. Everyone wasn't giving me cold and blank stares— like they had been in a while. There were no whispering nor any snide remarks were passed at me.

It was pleasant to say the least. My first 2 classes went smooth without any sort of drama and I wondered what made this happen. Did they move on to another gossip? Did they find out the truth.